The Malik Report

Wings Go Flat On The Way To Traverse City

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Primis's avatar

Normally the Wings wait to get back home from the road first before going flat.

Posted by Primis on 09/10/13 at 12:33 PM ET

Suddenly, I’m reminded of Joe Sakic’s story.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 09/10/13 at 01:23 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Normally the Wings wait to get back home from the road first before going flat.

ba-doom-boom!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 09/10/13 at 01:42 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Cleary’s parting gift… a slow leak

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/10/13 at 03:14 PM ET

DocF's avatar

Kudos to the motor coach driver.  When a steering tire goes on a highway bus, it can be a major disaster.  Getting a heavy vehicle stopped and keeping it in a relatively straight line is challenging to say the least.  I speak from experience.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 09/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

Posted by DocF from Reidsville, NC on 09/10/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Judging from the pic, it was a rear tire. You can clearly see it was the inside of a dual and a tandem set up at that. Plus, there is an airbag suspension. I’ve never seen airbag suspension on a front/steer axle. I don’t know if such a monster actually exists. That being said, If a tire is to blow, I’d rather it a rear inside. Very little, if any, difference in the handling of the vehicle.
I agree that it’s very difficult to manage a steer blowout. That’s just a bad day when that happens.
Just going off the pics.

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 09/11/13 at 11:40 AM ET