The Malik Report

Saturday, May 4 7:30 p.m. Anaheim at Detroit NBC Sports Network, TSN

Monday, May 6 8 p.m. Anaheim at Detroit CNBC, TSN

*Wednesday, May 8 10 p.m. Detroit at Anaheim TSN

*Friday, May 10 TBD Anaheim at Detroit TSN

*Sunday, May 12 TBD Detroit at Anaheim TSN

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Chet's avatar

just bought my tickets near/behind ana goal in 200/300 level for first two games.

L
G
R
W
!

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/28/13 at 11:55 PM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Yay…thanks Gary…absolutely guaranteeing a whole crap ton of people will be watching the NHL via feeds on the internet….

Posted by The Hurricane on 04/29/13 at 12:02 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

...so before I go totally ballistic and do something harmful, am I completely understanding that the only network the last 4 games will be broadcast on is in Canada?

Posted by The Hurricane on 04/29/13 at 12:09 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

After dropping some serious shineola on honeymoon (2 years after the deed) airplane tickets and new tires for the fluffymobile…the wife is questioning my…reasoning for buying game 2 tickets.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/29/13 at 12:12 AM ET

The league only announced the first 4 games for each series for US tv because it will change depending on when other series end,

Basically NBCSN gets first choice for a night timeslot. Then if multiple games are going on at the same time CNBC gets second and NHL Network third.

Posted by jkrdevil on 04/29/13 at 12:14 AM ET

Chet's avatar

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/29/13 at 12:12 AM ET

Because It’s The Cup. (tm)

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/29/13 at 12:16 AM ET

Paul's avatar

TH, I believe you can relax. Some of the TV schedules are not complete and unless the games are on NBC, they will be be broadcast locally.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/29/13 at 12:17 AM ET

Riviera's avatar

I’ll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa.

Posted by Riviera from Phoenix on 04/29/13 at 01:20 AM ET

harken23's avatar

Soooo, why do the East get an extra day off? I know some start on Weds, but the guys who have to fly 4 hours to get their game one have to play on Tues, while everyone in the East—who won’t leave their time zone until the finals—get the extra day or two of prep/practice time and don’t play til Weds or Thurs.

Posted by harken23 on 04/29/13 at 01:29 AM ET

Posted by harken23 on 04/29/13 at 01:29 AM ET

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/29/13 at 01:48 AM ET

harken23's avatar

Well, in Gary Bettman’s defense, he really is—as he has been for years!—doing everything in his power to do what is best for the NBA.

Posted by harken23 on 04/29/13 at 01:50 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

I’m not so sure that the motive is so sinister as far as the West starting first. I’m guessing because of the travel for the Western teams, there will always be a day off between games for the Wings and all of the western conference series except Chicago/Minnesota. This might be why they put the other series later, since the travel is less and they could get away with the eventual back to back game at some point in the other 5 series (Montreal has a back to back right away against Ottawa) in order to wrap up by Monday May 13.

NBC basically got 3 day games for the weekend: Rangers/Capitals Saturday afternoon, Penguins/Islanders for Sunday early afternoon, Blackhawks/Wild for Sunday late afternoon. They had their choice of 5 All-American series, and took the 3 that are in the Eastern and Central time zones for both opponents for the day games, and put the other 2 series on Saturday night as a doubleheader (Wings/Ducks, then Blues/Kings) I’m assuming to maximize the west coast ratings. No other day games scheduled yet.

CBC gets their doubleheaders as Boston-Toronto then St. Louis/LA in the evening Saturday, then Sunday’s Chicago/Minnesota followed by Montreal/Ottawa at night.

They don’t even bother giving Boston a game on the old Versus/NBCSN, stuck with CNBC and the NHL network, for what it’s worth.

Posted by Bugsy on 04/29/13 at 05:06 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

Of course, Boston may end up on NBCSN/NBC with later games, but so far, nada.

Posted by Bugsy on 04/29/13 at 05:09 AM ET

harken23's avatar

Bugsy, your avatar is annoying. Also, yes, the Wings AND EVERYONE get a day in between games. What’re you, simple? Look at the schedule. My point is that those who have to travel far start first. Those who can wake up and get on the *#$%@& bus for Game One start two days later.

Posted by harken23 on 04/29/13 at 06:53 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

CNBC televising some of the games I see for some of the series.
Suzie Orman and Maria Bartiromo pulling double duty by calling some live hockey

rolleyes

I wish TSN was available for free in the U.S. Their camera work is excellent covering games.

Wonder what Brunner thinks of having to shoot on either Hiller or Fasth? Swiss connection, aim for the holes in the cheese!!!!!

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 04/29/13 at 08:21 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Paul!  I believe all the games will end up being shown on one of the NBC channels.  They were last year.

I for one am glad they don’t have a long break.  They are on a roll, so let’s keep rolling!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/29/13 at 08:35 AM ET

No early Sunday afternoon start on NBC for game 3?? I’m down with that.

Posted by godblender on 04/29/13 at 08:47 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 04/29/13 at 09:12 AM ET

shanetx's avatar

Hiller yes, but Fasth isn’t even a little bit Swiss. (But let’s hope he resembles Swiss cheese anyway a week from now)

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 04/29/13 at 09:49 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

Anybody know if these playoff games would be available on the new NBC Sports Live Extra thing? I haven’t even tried that yet but, assuming it worked decently, that would be huge for me since I’ll be out of town both Thursday and Saturday for the Wings games but could watch on a computer/ipad.

And yes, I know there are “other” streams, but those always suck.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 04/29/13 at 10:18 AM ET

harken23's avatar

[quoteI think it is as simple as the fact that the east coast playoff matchups are far more compelling, so they are going to get higher priority for good TV scheduling (thinking Sunday NBC games).]

Peh.

I do not doubt your wisdom, but I hate what our sport has become.

Posted by harken23 on 04/29/13 at 10:28 AM ET

Paul's avatar

peiz11, this should help you out.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/29/13 at 10:47 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

Awesome thanks Paul.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 04/29/13 at 11:04 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

peiz11 the streams at

dub dub dub
hockeystreams
dot com

definitely do not suck.  damn near full HD quality.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/29/13 at 11:06 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

lso, yes, the Wings AND EVERYONE get a day in between games.

Umm, did you check the Rangers/Caps schedule?  Their last three games are played over four days.  Brutal.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/29/13 at 11:07 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

Paul, I’ve mostly only used FirstRow mostly, thanks for the other ideas, I’ll keep those in mind for the future.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 04/29/13 at 11:16 AM ET

Their last three games are played over four days.

Montreal Ottawa start their series with three in four days.  And it’s possible that the series could be over in six days.

Posted by Garth on 04/29/13 at 02:01 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

I’m often wrong, but thanks Garth and hockeychic for pointing out what I was trying to point out. Oh, and yes, I changed the avatar. I don’t have a photo or avatar myself, so I picked one of the other defaults. Sorry that it was annoying.

Posted by Bugsy on 04/29/13 at 04:17 PM ET