The Malik Report

Weber, Mason And Trotz Talk Wings

Paul here for George, who believes he has a case of food poisining.

Josh Cooper of The Tennessean talked with the Predators after the game last night.

Does Weber ever get rid of his game-face?

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Do neanderthals take off their neanderthal face?

Posted by Garth on 04/26/13 at 12:21 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Trotz looked like he was on the edge of tears.  Goodbye Bubba.  I won’t miss you or your scum fans.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/26/13 at 12:43 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Predators: inferiority complex personified.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 04/26/13 at 02:47 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Random thought-

Swap ol’ Melon Head Trotz with Babbles.

Extrapolate (and other fancy words) how a season would turn out.

Discuss.  grin

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/26/13 at 02:59 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Discuss.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/26/13 at 02:59 PM ET

A little Howkey Tawk with Pawl Bawldwin smile

I think we’ve already seen how as season would turn out if Babs coached a less talented, but still hard working team.  He took Anaheim and made them a grinding force for a year or two, and even without Guigere turning in a playoff perfomance he would never replicate, they were still a frustrating team to play against, especially at home.

As far as Trotz coaching the Wings, its tough to tell.  Is Trotz’s system something that he believes is what makes champs, or is it something he’s forced to implement because of the many years with less talent than many other teams?  If this is his system, and he forced it on Detroit, than I think the Wings would not fair well, because they have drafted towards skill rather than size, and the forwards like a free form flow to the game, at least in the O zone, rather than a rigid trapping and grinding style.

If he was willing to adjust his system to the Wings current roster, I think he could definitely teach them something about attacking the middle of the ice, and going to the net in waves, instead of one and done attempts.  IMO, he’d make a great assistant coach in Detroit, at the very least.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/26/13 at 03:52 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I think Shea Weber really, really, really hates Datsyuk and Captain Hank.  Really, really, really hates.

That is a very unhappy locker room.  Can we give Ryan Suter an honorary Hart Trophy for clearly being the Most Valuable Player to his (previous) hockey team?  Also, Shae Weber really hates Pav and Z.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/26/13 at 03:55 PM ET