The Malik Report

Watch The Griffins On FSD

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Grand Rapids Griffins announced on Monday that this Friday’s home game versus the Charlotte Checkers will air live on Fox Sports Detroit at 7 p.m.

The game will be called by the award-winning broadcast team of Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond, who have worked Detroit Red Wings games together on Fox Sports Detroit for 15 seasons. Daniels is a two-time winner of Michigan Sportscaster of the Year (2003 and 2010) and was presented with the 2010-11 Ty Tyson Award by the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association. Redmond, who has worked in the team’s television booth for 26 years, was honored in 2011 with the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award for outstanding contributions as a hockey broadcaster.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Ken who?  Mickey what?

Ferraro looks like he came to play this year.  Smith and Gus seem to be going slow but steady last I looked, but it was only 2 games in.  Wish I could find a feed for live games instead of highlights and recaps.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 01:44 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 01:46 PM ET

“You can tell Gus is using this time to work on his shot, he’s almost double the average of the other forwards”

It’s paying off, he showed a pretty wicked shot in the shootout and and nice one timer in regulation.

Posted by Pulsar93 on 10/22/12 at 02:29 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

GREAT linkage Pulsar..  Smith had a pretty ridiculous give-away and I don’t know whether to blame him or Gus on that 3 on 2,  to me looked like Gus missed his coverage when Smith got back to take the center man.. and Gus gave it away Kronwall style.  Good to see him cleanin’ up garbage and showing some range.  Incredibly early still so hard to judge but Gus might make more of an impact that Smith.

Anyone know of/have any links to AHL/KHL/SEL games?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 02:47 PM ET

Keyser S.'s avatar

No Way! Best news I’ve heard in a while.

Thank you ken and mickey!!!!!!! and fsd and paul for linking this.

I know beggars can’t be choosers, but please do 1-5 games a week (happy smiley face winking at ya’ll)!!!!

Posted by Keyser S. on 10/22/12 at 02:48 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

The best part of that broadcast will be hearing what Mick has to say about the lockout. You know he won’t be pulling any punches when it comes to what he thinks about both sides.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/22/12 at 02:48 PM ET

Most KHL games can be watched here

Posted by Pulsar93 on 10/22/12 at 03:11 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/22/12 at 03:48 PM ET

I’m actually really curious about this, considering Ken and Mick are employees of the Red Wings, especially with the Rich Hammond stuff that went down recently.

The gag order on the lockout is supposed to effect all team employees, but I don’t know how you can muzzle Mick.  Let’s just say I’m looking forward to it.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/22/12 at 04:19 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

All I can say is ... its about fuchin’ time !!!

They shoulda done this during the last lockout too (like I was begging & pleading for) but at least this time around they got it right.

One game a week is fine for now but, the longer the lockout goes, the more games they’ll add (I hope).

Game On Boys !!

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 10/22/12 at 04:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Anyone know of/have any links to AHL/KHL/SEL games?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 10/22/12 at 03:47 PM ET

If you go to the Griffins site you can follow a link to live AHL games.  They sell them in packages.  It’s not cheap.

As for the Griffins with Ken and Mick this Friday evening, YIPPEE!  I get FSD down here in Florida with my Sports Package on cable.  The Wings’ games are always blacked out.  But I can’t see any reason why the Griffins should be, so I’m hoping I get to watch.

cool smile