The Malik Report

Wait, what? Red Wings’ Brendan Shanahan overlooked by the Hockey Hall of Fame?

I read the release from the Hockey Hall of Fame and couldn’t believe it. Long-time Red Wing Brendan Shanahan, his three Stanley Cups and 600-plus goals won’t be heading to Toronto this year, and I just can’t believe it. It’s insane.That’s it as I’m still sick, but I just can’t believe it. Pavel Bure and Adam Oates are fine players, as is Mats Sundin, but did they win Shanahan’s three Stanley Cups, or help define the term “power forward?”

Stunned, just stunned. I’m still very sick, so more on this later.

Update: MLive’s Ansar Khan, the Detroit News, the Free Press’s George Sipple and Macomb Daily’s Chuck Pleiness all confirm.

Holy s***, folks. I don’t know any more delicate way of putting it. Holy s***, this is…Baffling!

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

calquake's avatar

Stunned, just stunned. I’m still very sick, so more on this later.

We all are George… we all are.

Posted by calquake on 06/26/12 at 06:13 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

Mats Sundin over Shanny. That’s amazing.

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 06/26/12 at 06:31 PM ET

I notice a lot of negativity on these KK comment sections.

I could be from anywhere…Toronto, Edmonton, Carolina, Dallas, doesn’t matter.  I’m a hockey fan, and I understand people’s devotion to their team.

Celebrate the winners, enjoy the moment.  Things didn’t go your way.  Do they always for everyone at every single instance?

Ponder that, take a deep breath, and be glad you have a great life to enjoy the greatest sport on earth.

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 07:13 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I notice a lot of negativity on these KK comment sections.

I notice a lot of sanctimony in yours.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/26/12 at 07:43 PM ET

hahahahahha, thanks for the compliment buddy.

I could say a lot worse about Wangs fans.

You realize what the comments that focus on the non-electee to the HHoF do, right?

They focus on imaginary results to the degree that at least two things happen: 1) the winners are ignored; their recognition is disparaged, put on the back burner for some perceived injustice.  Okay. I can accept that from Wangs fans.  Just another day in the hood called KK.  2) There’s such blind non-acceptance of reality and poor reasoning why the winners shouldn’t have won that it makes this blog’s comments section comical.

‘Conceit’ is one of the better words to describe the attitude on these walls.

and if you use my words against me, it might bruise my ego pretty deep.  I wouldn’t want that.

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 08:10 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

‘Conceit’ is one of the better words to describe the attitude on these walls.

you say that like it’s a bad thing.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/26/12 at 08:18 PM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

Shanahan is first ballot HOF on his numbers alone.

He has more SCs than this year’s class COMBINED.

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 06/26/12 at 08:32 PM ET

are you guys married to these players or something?

Do they require you stroke their ego and maybe throw in a reach around every once in a while?

Or is that simply the fantasy that comes with being a conceited Wangs fan?

guess I enjoy laughing at my team when things don’t go well, rather than diving off a bridge hoping…nay, *expecting*... others follow suit.

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 08:33 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 07:33 PM ET

Big words coming from somebody who seems concerned with Joe Sakic, Adam Oates, Pavel Bure, and Mats Sundin getting enough credit commenters on a Wings blog.

guess I enjoy laughing at my team when things don’t go well

Please tell us more about yourself. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 06/26/12 at 08:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I notice a lot of negativity on these KK comment sections.

Dude.  We wait, we see, we criticize after the fact.  It’s not our fault he got shafted.  They vote, we bitch.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 06/26/12 at 09:52 PM ET

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 07:33 PM ET

Are you a HHOF Selection Committee shill? You sure sound like one, big mouth and incomprehensible. And the way you came here was too quick. As quick as I hope will be your departure.

Posted by i don't even remember which team nashville lost to on 06/26/12 at 10:07 PM ET

bring me your tired, your hungry, your trolls.

Posted by troll on 06/26/12 at 10:15 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

are you guys married to these players or something?

Posted by wangs lose to nashville on 06/26/12 at 07:33 PM ET

I really enjoyed your attempt to insult us by calling us gay.  I guess when the feds step in and keep you toothless morons from hating on one group you have to move on to another.

Btw… I’d much rather be accused of being married to a Red Wings than my sister.  Or that still acceptable south of the Mason-Dixon?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 06/26/12 at 11:30 PM ET

This “Wangs” idiot says he laughs at his team when they lose…. Then promptly goes to another teams thread or board and hides behind a name, then talks garbage.  It’s probably Josh Cooper of the Tennessean, going off the deep-end because of all the ridicule he gets for being Poile’s print bitch.

Posted by @TheJimPl9 from Nashville on 06/27/12 at 11:31 AM ET