The Malik Report

Video- You Are Probaby Right Chris Osgood

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Clip is from the first intermission.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/16 at 09:00 AM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Have these “candid” shots of the guys in studio been going on all season? I tend to watch games an hour delayed to blow through commercials and intermissions so I just noticed these a few times.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 03/30/16 at 09:02 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Yes they have MC and pretty easy to blow thru them with a DVR.  They normally have one or two per intermission.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/16 at 09:05 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

When I heard him say that I had to rewind to be sure.  Yep, that’s what he said.  (And yep, that has to be what George is thinking.)

Posted by The Meal from Longmont, CO on 03/30/16 at 09:05 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

That and Ken definitely called Z “Zetterman” last night too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/30/16 at 09:08 AM ET

Glad to hear you getting some recognition, you deserve it! Sometimes I wonder if FSD reads over some of the bloggers topics before coverage begins, especially Ozzie and Darren, their analysis at times echoes that of KK and WIIM.

Posted by redwings_lifer on 03/30/16 at 09:18 AM ET

Primis's avatar

*laugh*

Posted by Primis on 03/30/16 at 09:19 AM ET

That’s awesome. Too bad it was about the wings blowing dead bears.

Posted by SlimChance on 03/30/16 at 09:23 AM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

I heard Ozzie clear as a bell. The hot mic thing has been going on all season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/30/16 at 09:42 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

Hahaha!  George, you are famous!

Posted by w2j2 on 03/30/16 at 10:07 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

atta boy, GJM

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/30/16 at 10:08 AM ET

nEgativezEro's avatar

Is that the correct pronunciation? I always said “Mah-LEEK” in my head.

Posted by nEgativezEro on 03/30/16 at 10:14 AM ET

d ca's avatar

“Malik must be beside himself right now.”—Chris Osgood.

I heard, “Malik must be beside himself in this case.”

Posted by d ca on 03/30/16 at 10:22 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Is that the correct pronunciation? I always said “Mah-LEEK” in my head.

Posted by nEgativezEro on 03/30/16 at 10:14 AM ET

Yes, George has stated in the past (probably during a slow offseason time) that it’s “MAL-lick”, not “Muh-LEEK”.  I always read it “Muh-LEEK” until he noted it.  And I still sometimes catch myself reading it that way in my head.

Posted by Primis on 03/30/16 at 10:36 AM ET

StayClassy's avatar

Anyone know what he was referring to specifically? I wonder what his username is here, since he obviously is a regular poster too.

Posted by StayClassy from Wings fan in Columbus on 03/30/16 at 11:01 AM ET

Paul's avatar

SC, Garth?

I have always wondered the same in a general term.  Many NHL types do follow TMR/KK but truthfully I have no idea who is who and if they ever do post.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/30/16 at 11:03 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

Hi Ozzy!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 03/30/16 at 11:18 AM ET

aerodude's avatar

Boys, put your tin foil hats on and follow along.

Chris Osgood was a known goalie in the NHL.

What is the job of a goalie?

To stop pucks!

“The puck stops here”...

Posted by aerodude on 03/30/16 at 11:24 AM ET

SC, Garth?

Nah, I’m Steve Yzerman.

Posted by Garth on 03/30/16 at 11:34 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I bet it has less to do with the blog and more to do with George’s tweeting.

Posted by Primis on 03/30/16 at 11:49 AM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

cheese

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 03/30/16 at 11:52 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Nah, I’m Steve Yzerman.

Posted by Garth on 03/30/16 at 11:34 AM ET

Shut up and trade us Hedman and Stamkos!

Posted by Primis on 03/30/16 at 12:00 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by Primis on 03/30/16 at 12:00 PM ET

Well played.
Hell., Garth Yzerman might as well take a drink from the fountain of youth while you’re at it and come back to DET as a 19 year old again.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/30/16 at 12:06 PM ET

Shut up and trade us Hedman and Stamkos!

Hell, I’ve been doing my best to push Stamkos out the door.  I can’t do everything.

Posted by Garth on 03/30/16 at 12:37 PM ET

There’s no denying that GM is the definitive source of all Red Wings news due to how tirelessly he compiles it.

Posted by neffernin on 03/30/16 at 01:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I don’t mean to rain/poop on anyone’s congratulatory… ness, but I’m pretty sure the last few words were “... in his basement…”

Posted by RedMenace from The Luke Witkowski Fan Club on 03/30/16 at 01:27 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from The Lightly Soiled South on 03/30/16 at 01:27 PM ET

That’s what I heard also.  Regardless, how awesome is it that George got a shoutout from Ozzie.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 03/30/16 at 01:41 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

!!!!!!

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 03/30/16 at 02:02 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

A backhanded shoutout, but a shoutout all the same… though my opinion of Osgood just dropped significantly.

Posted by RedMenace from The Luke Witkowski Fan Club on 03/30/16 at 02:31 PM ET

aerodude's avatar

Not everyone has your millions Ozzie.

Posted by aerodude on 03/30/16 at 02:59 PM ET

Yeah, that’s a pretty shady comment from Ozzie at the end there. Just lost some respect for him. I always thought he was one of the good, approachable ones. He’s got to know those cameras are rolling.

Posted by jowillia on 03/30/16 at 03:09 PM ET

topshelf14's avatar

I didn’t notice that last part. That makes me like Ozzie even more. He’s just trolling like we all do.

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 03/30/16 at 05:39 PM ET

Posted by jowillia on 03/30/16 at 03:09 PM ET

I’ve never had much respect for Osgood in his current position. Just a mouthpiece for the organization, never says anything or offers any insight of any substance. Same ole blah, blah, blah, blah every night. I just laughed about 3 weeks ago when he predicted that the Wings were 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs. He says insane shit like this all the time.

In fact, I usually change channels during intermissions so I don’t have to listen to Ozzie.

Posted by Steve in SE MI on 03/30/16 at 08:03 PM ET

d ca's avatar

After listening to it a 2nd time….I agree he said basement.

As far as intermissions and pre-game commentators nothing upsets me like when I miss the game only to try to watch the replay and have to deal with all the pre-game and intermission commentators then have to watch some non-sense about time-constraints and skipping ahead. Seriously, time constraint everything but the action.

Making a crack about basements is kinda dumb anyways…where else you going to put the man cave? above the garage? Thanks I’ll take the less carbon monoxide and have it tested for radon and enjoy the big screen and couch rather then getting stuck for 1/2 hour on the Howard St exit.

Posted by d ca on 03/30/16 at 10:58 PM ET

If it means he never sets foot in the announcer’s booth then I’ll take Ozzie trolling Wings bloggers during every single intermission.

Posted by Garth on 03/31/16 at 09:48 AM ET