The Malik Report

Video- Mike Babcock Talks After Practice Today & Helm Talks Too

Babcock seems a little more relaxed than usual today and I actually laughed at his remarks about the travel between Ottawa and Montreal near the end of this five minute video.

If you want more interviews, check out this page at the Wings website.

added 8:51pm, Boy, feeling a little bit like Malik, adding to a post but this one is good.

Helene St. James fo the Detroit Free Press talked with Darren Helm after he skated today.  Watch the video below...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

w2j2's avatar

Helm sounds like he is “sand-bagging”.
Definitely being very careful about what he says.
He was huffing and puffing a little, so he must have put in a pretty good skate….
I think there is hope for him to return in round 2.

cool hmm

Posted by w2j2 on 04/29/13 at 10:00 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I think there is hope for him to return in round 2.

Read St James. He’s no where near a return. He’s as done as he can be.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/29/13 at 11:20 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Babcock: “I’ve never had kids in Detroit.”

Oh, Babcock’s had “kids” before in Detroit. He just wouldn’t give them a legitimate chance. The kids have grown this year because he didn’t have any choice but to play them.

Hopefully, that opened his eyes to letting “kids” like Tatar, Sheahan, Ferraro and others have a real chance next year. It’s time for Samuelsson, Bert and Cleary to move on and make room for the next wave of Wings’ prospects.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/29/13 at 11:46 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

they found a slightly torn disc in his back.  he may never play again.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 12:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

All I care at this point is that he get well and rehab his back.  This is a potential life long problem for Helm so I would rather he miss all of this year’s playoffs rather than risk anything.  That is unless medical professionals clear him to play.

Posted by calquake on 04/30/13 at 12:09 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

WTH? During the Helm interview, watch the recorder on the right side of the screen, and listen for the panting and heavy breathing….
Wth? WTH????

Posted by The Hurricane on 04/30/13 at 12:20 AM ET

The Hurricane's avatar

Seriously….I just watched this again…wth is happening…Helene, you little minx…..

Posted by The Hurricane on 04/30/13 at 12:22 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

and at some point Helmer seems to get a little quiet or uncomfortable.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 12:57 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I hope Helm isn’t Jiri Fischer 2.0.  Granted not nearly as dramatic but man, imagine where we’d be if we’d had him all this time.  He may have even been captain.  The guy has fire, born leader, little nasty, ultra competitive.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/30/13 at 01:51 AM ET

I don’t understand why he hasn’t had surgery on it yet. They can remove and dude or even replace a disc. I would think if he were having that kind of pain it should be time for an intervention.

Posted by teldar on 04/30/13 at 07:16 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I imagine that if it’s just a small tear, surgery is far too invasive and risky for it.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/30/13 at 11:17 AM ET