The Malik Report

Updates From This Morning’s Practice

Franzen skated but left the ice when drills began.

Howard skated before practice and stated will try to face shots tomorrow and he is out to at least Wednesday.

Lidstrom, Kindl and Ericsson all practicing. Kindl appears “in” for tomorrow.

The above is a recap from the beat writers and this is Paul filling in for George.

added 12:00pm, Joey MacDonald has a slight bulging disc, surgery not an option at this point, will start cortisone treatment soon.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Sounds like JMac is done for the season. That means Conks and Pearce until Jimmy gets back. We still have a 7 point cushion over the scrum for 7th and 8th. That should be enough with only 8 games left.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/23/12 at 02:15 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/23/12 at 12:15 PM ET

“should”

I hope so.  I am a bit reassured by the fact that those teams face each other a lot in the remainder of the season, limiting the amount of points they can accrue as a group.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 03/23/12 at 03:15 PM ET

yzer19man's avatar

Hope the Conk has a few more “blocks” left in him for the next two games. The Jackets shouldn’t present too much trouble next week, but the Canes have been riding a 4 game hot streak of late and Ward has been playing very well. And knowing how we always seem to under perform when facing teams that we should beat, 4 pts are prob too much to ask. Would love if the team finally started getting their $#!t together, like they were starting to show on Wednesday. Lets go Wings

Posted by yzer19man from Chicago, IL on 03/23/12 at 03:24 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Based on the remaining matchups, 5 points in any form in the last 8 games should guarantee 8th…. So there’s that….

102/103 pts is my guess for whats needed for 4th place.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 03/23/12 at 03:53 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

Am I alone in wanting the Wings to fall to 6th for a Dallas or Phoenix matchup?

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 03/23/12 at 04:02 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Am I alone in wanting the Wings to fall to 6th for a Dallas or Phoenix matchup?

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 03/23/12 at 02:02 PM ET

As long as they’re healthy I don’t care who they wind up playing.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/23/12 at 04:07 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

As long as they’re healthy I don’t care who they wind up playing.
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/23/12 at 02:07 PM ET

Exactly. +19

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/23/12 at 04:18 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

As long as they’re healthy I don’t care who they wind up playing.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/23/12 at 02:07 PM ET

+19 again.

Feel bad for JoeyMac because he did so very well.  But I don’t see him returning.  Hope Conks can keep going like he played the other night.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/23/12 at 04:33 PM ET