The Malik Report

Updates From The Wings’ Practice

Practice updates taken from tweets by Ansar Khan and Chuck Pleiness.

All players who played last night practicing today except Bertuzzi.

Helm skated but left when practice started.

Gustavsson sharing a net with Mrazek.

Wings made a first line switch during the game last night, putting Franzen, Nyquist and Legwand together and that line practiced today.

added 12:59pm, Per Khan tweet, Holland says Bertuzzi is out, Tootoo being recalled.

Bertuzz is day-to-day.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Per Khan tweet, Holland says Bertuzzi is out, Tootoo being recalled.

In other news, the Grand Rapids Griffins have disbanded for the remainder of the season since they only have five players left.  big surprise

The only thing more amazing than what’s happened to the Wings this year is what’s happened to the Pens. The difference is they haven’t lost as many critical players and, well, you know, their #1 goalie has won 65% of the 52 games he’s played while the Wings #1 goalie has won 35% of the 39 games he’s played.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 03/15/14 at 01:02 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Bertuzz is day-to-day.

Hahahaha…this season is just downright silly. Good thing Sir Kenny signed too many forwards, eh? Sheesh. What’s amazing is the Griffins have the most points in the West and the 2nd most in the league. Great job by Blashill.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/15/14 at 01:09 PM ET

I have no idea how the Griffins keep winning games (8-1-1 in their last 10, somehow). With Jarnkrok traded and Pulkkinen, Emmerton, and Mrazek all called up in a short span, though ... I mean, goodness. There’s not much left. Best three guys left in points per game are Almquist (0.76), Hoggan (0.6), and Callahan (0.55).

It’s a good thing they kept piling up the points all season long, because there’s a good chance they’re going to fall back to the pack a bit over the final 14 games.

Posted by Sven22 from Grand Rapids on 03/15/14 at 01:26 PM ET

“Helmer would have been in a week ago if it was up to me. That’s why I’m not allowed to be involved in that. But getting ready for summer isn’t a priority. We need guys back. ” - Babcock

Sounds like Helm is in the doghouse. Good luck digging your way out of that kid!

Posted by weswolverine on 03/15/14 at 01:40 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

What? Coach says “I want him back” and he’s in the doghouse? Babcock just sound impatient/pissed off at the league’s concussion protocol.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/15/14 at 02:00 PM ET

I’m still very upset because not one player stood up for Jurco’s broken ribs. Maybe you don’t have to fight, but someone has to send a message. Tootoo will.

He never hurt the wings by taking stupid penaltys, did everything that was asked of him and kept his mouth shut. Bet he will provide a much needed spark. They could use it.

Maybe send Babcock down and call up Blashill smile

Happy to see McCollum doing so good this year. I didn’t expect that. Hopefully Frk will come out of his funk with the extra ice time.

Posted by leftwing on 03/15/14 at 02:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Tootoo will.

Yes indeed. I look forward to seeing him in the line up.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/15/14 at 06:54 PM ET

harken23's avatar

I hated 22 when he was in our division, and haven’t really had much bad to say about him in the winged wheel… Certainly not the worst contract we have on the books. Can he play D?

Posted by harken23 on 03/16/14 at 03:54 PM ET