The Malik Report

Turgeon And Hicketts Sent Back To Grand Rapids

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Alan's avatar

I thought Turgeon and Hicketts played pretty well, for the most part. Hicketts is really green though, and this mid-season try-out can give him an idea of what he needs to work on.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/23/18 at 03:19 PM ET

hockeyfreak13's avatar

Why not give him one more game until Daley returns? I prefer a green Hicketts to a seasoned Ouellet.

Posted by hockeyfreak13 from Grand Rapids on 01/23/18 at 03:25 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Because the coaches don’t want him to get torched against Philly?
Because he didn’t impress that much?
Because Daley is ready?

Posted by duhduhduh on 01/23/18 at 03:40 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/23/18 at 02:40 PM ET

Because the coaches don’t want him to get torched (or demolished) against Philly?

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 01/23/18 at 04:04 PM ET

So whenever he gets the call up he’s going to sit every time the Wings play a hot team?

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 01/23/18 at 05:00 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 01/23/18 at 04:00 PM ET

Or eased into NHL playing duty like most non top 10 picks, either/or.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 01/23/18 at 05:09 PM ET

hockeyfreak13's avatar

Or eased into NHL playing duty like most non top 10 picks, either/or.

Oh ok. I simply suggested a 21 year old calder cup winner play 1 more game in the back end of a meaningless season while a veteran is still injured. I’m sorry. I was rushing things.

Posted by hockeyfreak13 from Grand Rapids on 01/23/18 at 05:16 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Posted by hockeyfreak13 from Grand Rapids on 01/23/18 at 04:16 PM ET

Maybe the whole plan was just to give him a single game, unless he blew the doors off.

Posted by duhduhduh on 01/23/18 at 05:21 PM ET

Both were sent down to clear cap space for Glenny to return tonight

Posted by benzanato on 01/23/18 at 06:40 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

The little bit of time they spent here they both played well and will return when there is room on the roster for them.

KH has to get busy at the trade deadline.  He now knows he has capable replacements waiting.

Also, players coming back from injury have to prove they are healthy before you can move them.

Bottom line ... both will be back before the season ends.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 01/23/18 at 07:45 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Glendening is returning tonight? My God how far this team has fallen. Sad

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 01/23/18 at 08:00 PM ET

Does anyone really think they missed Glendening?

Posted by evileye on 01/25/18 at 12:34 PM ET