The Malik Report

Time Will Move Slowly Today

10:08 PM ET tonight seems so far away and a long day is ahead of us.

So how's the mood of the Red Wings fans today as we wait until the puck drops?

What's your gut say, how about any dreams you may have had, will the Wings be traveling to Chicago after the game or will it be a long trip back home to begin the exit process?

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Rdwings28's avatar

well, My gut is tied in a knot and cannot speak right now, but my thinking says the ducks have new doubts and will overplay their game, occasionally losing control. we will get the power plays which we have coming to us ( at least 5 in the bank) and do well. the crowd will turn on their beloved poultry, the pressure to win at home will produce some hesitations and overthinking. Meanwhile the “underdogs” will be calm and stick to their game. The Red Wings will just play hockey and it will be enough.  Wings win 4-2 NO F&%*(%# OVERTIME. three octopus hit the pond.

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/12/13 at 10:20 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

let me add a touch of the bard in regards to the ducks;

“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”

the doubting ducks

perry doubts himself, hiller doubts himself, baldy too.

uncle mike out coaches the fat ONE

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/12/13 at 10:25 AM ET

My gut is unable to express a definitive opinion but sees several positive signs:

1) The ducks, & coach, have made a few excuses, so maybe there is some doubt in their room.

2) Snarl =power play so go for it Ducks, bring the snarl.

3) We are unlikely to
A) bat a puck into our own goal AND
B) gift the puck to a Duck for a tap-in AND
C) see the refs ignore another tripping penalty goal leading to another easy goal,
——ALL in the same game.

IMO, however, the real bottom like is we’ve already gone farther than I thought we would.  We already flew all that way out there, what the heck, we might as well win one more.

Posted by vfsvfl on 05/12/13 at 10:45 AM ET

klank's avatar

‘97 Cup (car) flag is flying on front side of home.

Howard with a shutout and Nike getting game winner off a garbage goal in the 3rd.  Coffee poolside..  then off to Chicago.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/12/13 at 10:50 AM ET

klank's avatar

We already flew all that way out there, what the heck, we WILL win one more.

FTFY

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/12/13 at 10:51 AM ET

Sad to say but I think it will all come down to the refs. Ticky-tack calls on the Wings will doom them as will blatant and uncalled trips behind the net by the Ducks.

If Bert and Abby can get under the Ducks’ skin we’re golden.

Posted by AZWinger on 05/12/13 at 11:17 AM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

worrying about who our goat would be if we lose.

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 05/12/13 at 11:45 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

From the interviews I read, all the Quacks, with the exception of Bobby Ryan, are saying that “they didnt play well enough” whenever they lost.. Ryan was the only one saying that the Wings were good in sutting them down

From that, I believe that if the wings come out to play, and start shutting their “pressure the boards” offense down, they will start doubting themselves, and from there on, its our game to take

But, if the Wings come out playing slow, and let the Quacks play their game, we are in trouble

Posted by Zqto on 05/12/13 at 12:01 PM ET

If anyone remembers, the GWG against the Dives in ‘02 was scored by Homer.  And it was a deflection goal.  And it unraveled the Dives from then on.  The hardest working man on the ice won Game Seven.

Part One.
Courtesy of awood40.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/12/13 at 12:24 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

The hardest working man on the ice won Game Seven.

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/12/13 at 01:24 PM ET

+19

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/12/13 at 12:40 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

7-0 Wings romp!

(Please let it be so.  My heart can’t take another close one.)

Posted by The Meal on 05/12/13 at 01:00 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

A few fingernails have grown back. I’m ready.
As it has been for all season, the Red Wings could win 5-0 just as easily as lose 5-0, since they literally match up with any team in the league and play at their level (and we’ve definitely seen them play high level hockey at times). The good thing is I never got the sense that Anaheim is capable up until now of blowing the Wings out of the water. This was the matchup that I was hoping for, as long as they didn’t get too beat up, the only other team I thought they could match up better with was Vancouver.
I think it goes a fifth game of OT because the hospitals need more business,...

Posted by Bugsy on 05/12/13 at 01:53 PM ET