The Malik Report

Three Options For Alfredsson

Reports are Daniel Alfredsson is looking for a one-year contract.

Submit your offer now.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

bezukov's avatar

This is the one Kenny.  For one year?  Just get Brunner signed and spend whatever you want.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/04/13 at 05:41 PM ET

Alfredsson in, Cleary out. Bring back Brunner. I would enjoy this.

Posted by Marisabel on 07/04/13 at 05:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Yes.  Please.

Posted by calquake on 07/04/13 at 05:47 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

As I quoted on the previous entry from TSN, the Swedish conncection is what might draw him here.

Posted by Bugsy on 07/04/13 at 05:50 PM ET

RhymeTimeWingsDings's avatar

Yes create the team of Viking pillagers again!

Posted by RhymeTimeWingsDings on 07/04/13 at 05:52 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

The man is/was the Captain of the Senators…can’t really he see him going anywhere else in the division besides Ottawa.

I figure there was a better chance of Vinny coming to Detroit than Danny.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 07/04/13 at 05:54 PM ET

I thought the same about Modano leaving the Stars too…and yes, I recognize that it wasn’t his choice and they chose not to bring him back, but it’s quite possible the Sens could decide not to bring Alfie back if his salary is too high, they aren’t exactly a high budget team and could decide to move on.

Posted by Marisabel on 07/04/13 at 05:57 PM ET

Can we really afford to sacrifice Cleary for this guy?

Posted by godblender on 07/04/13 at 05:58 PM ET

Paul's avatar

KK Twitter follower watching Swedish TV…

Reporter: “You’ve extended with Ottawa?”
Alfie: “Not quite done yet, we’re in negotiations but I hope it gets done tonight or tomorrow.”

More tweets… https://twitter.com/steffeG

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/04/13 at 05:58 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Can we really afford to sacrifice Cleary for this guy?

Posted by godblender on 07/04/13 at 05:58 PM ET

I’ve always liked Cleary, but ... hahaha.

Posted by SK77 on 07/04/13 at 06:04 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/04/13 at 05:58 PM ET

Well that was fun.

Posted by SK77 on 07/04/13 at 06:04 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Can we really afford to sacrifice Cleary for this guy?

Posted by godblender on 07/04/13 at 05:58 PM ET

I’m glad I waited to realize this was a joke before I let my mouth his the floor.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 07/04/13 at 06:11 PM ET

Maybe me meant sacrifice literally, like in a pagan ritual.

Even then… I’d probably be okay with it.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 07/04/13 at 07:26 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

OMG!!! Daniel would be a perfect fit in Detroit… But I’m having a hard time to see him signing for another team besides Ottawa.??  But I’ll hold my finger crossed.

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 07/04/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Should we have Lidstrom call him?

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 07/04/13 at 11:15 PM ET