The Malik Report

Those Technical Issues

George asked me to post the statement below and I’d like to add George has also been “under the weather” the last few days too.

When it rains, it pours.

I am sure George will be back at as soon as his physical health improves and his computer issues are resolved.

-Paul

“Well this isn’t good. Technical issues continue to persist on the “almost new” computer to the point that the technician at the computer repair shop wants to reinstall Windows, which may take a day given their backlog of other computer repairs. Given that it took me an additional ten hours to set up my system once I got it home on Saturday…It’s highly unlikely that I’ll be able to leave on Friday for Traverse City if the computer isn’t repaired in a timely fashion (and given this computer repair shop’s history, that seems to be par for the course).

I don’t know what to say other than that I’m incredibly sorry and that I’ll have to wait and see how long the computer issues take to work themselves out and how long it takes the repair shop to fix the computer before I can say for sure when I’ll be able to head up to TC to cover part of the prospect tournament or whether I won’t be able to go up till training camp, and if anyone wants me to refund their contributions I will do so.”

George

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

George, don’t know if/when you’ll read this, but like I said, as far as I’m concerned you can keep my contribution—there’ll be other costs in the future for you to keep up with.

And don’t know if anyone’s seen this yet, but…

Yikes.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 09/07/11 at 12:49 PM ET

this is a situation where a sponsor should just come through and drop a brand new machine on your door step…
fingers crossed.

Posted by Sebastian from Hamburg, Germany on 09/07/11 at 12:50 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

George, feel free to roll over my contribution until the next thing you want to travel to cover.

Posted by Stevis on 09/07/11 at 12:59 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

a stick tap for Brad, Rusty ...

“Ex-NHLers Brad McCrimmon, Pavol Demitra, Ruslan Salei on downed plane: reports”

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/07/11 at 01:36 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Stefan Liv too—at one point, I thought he could be our next Chris Osgood.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 09/07/11 at 01:44 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

George, no worries on the money.  Hopefully you’ll make it up there for training camp.  if not, keep my donation on account.

I just hope you are not really ill and that you recover soon.  That’s the most important thing.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 09/07/11 at 02:38 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Florida, wishin’ I was back in the Mitten on 09/07/11 at 12:38 PM ET

As usual, she says it best. Do what you can George when you can.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 09/07/11 at 02:49 PM ET

dougie's avatar

It’ll shine when it shines, George.

Life has a rather nasty habit of interfering with our most carefully laid plans, again, and again, and again, and again…..oops, sorry.

Take care of yourself, you’ll be in TC before you know it. They probably save most of the good stuff for the end of camp.

Posted by dougie on 09/07/11 at 03:04 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Keep it George. I’ll be up there on Saturday (and maybe part of Sunday) and will take photos and some video to share.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 09/07/11 at 03:17 PM ET

awould's avatar

Please feel free to use my donation towards getting some new technology.

Posted by awould on 09/07/11 at 04:47 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Don’t know if you folks heard or not, but Rusty Salei, Stefan Lic, as well as Brad McCrimmon and the rest of the roster for the Lokomotiv died in a plane crash.  Crazy stuff.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 09/07/11 at 05:23 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Sorry, didn’t see the above post about it.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 09/07/11 at 05:24 PM ET

Going to reiterate, George.
If you spent more than $150 to have your computer repaired, you goofed. I’d rather you had a functional computer than go to the tourney but not be able to post stuff.
You can use my contributions for anything blog related, including internet connectivity, media websites, and new hardware.
Hell, if we can get people to agree to a “Buy George a New Computer Fund”, I’ll contribute to that too.
$380 should buy a very sufficient laptop.

Posted by teldar on 09/08/11 at 10:18 AM ET

George has more excuses than any other blogger on this site.  If you’ve read him for years like I have there’s a plethora of sicknesses, family issues, and technical difficulties.  I smell something…

Posted by adam on 09/08/11 at 03:33 PM ET

Paul's avatar

George has more excuses than any other blogger on this site. If you’ve read him for years like I have there’s a plethora of sicknesses, family issues, and technical difficulties. I smell something…

Posted by adam on 09/08/11 at 01:33 PM ET

Easy to write and then leave it like this…..

You are wrong not matter what you say from that point.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/08/11 at 03:35 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Computer just getting back up to normal. And when one explains one’s absences, one tends to gain a reputation as the “excuse blogger.”

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 09/08/11 at 03:57 PM ET

awould's avatar

I smell something…

Posted by adam on 09/08/11 at 01:33 PM ET

You’ve caught him! He’s been taking us for suckers for so long now, living high on the hog off of our tiny contributions and some meager salary or per diem. Damn him!

I commend you on your willingness to call him out on it too. Seriously. Most people wouldn’t be able to overcome the feeling that they’d be a total douchebag to make light of another’s misfortunes and poor health. But not you! You apparently have no problem being a douchebag and we all should thank you for that.

Posted by awould on 09/08/11 at 04:02 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Because 8 12-page posts with dozens of reference material each of the other days show exactly how lazy he is. What a hack.

/sarcasm

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 09/08/11 at 04:52 PM ET

Keep it and keep up the good work!

Posted by solo16 from CT on 09/10/11 at 12:06 PM ET