The Malik Report

This Is Your Blog - Wings/Bruins Tonight

Hopefully George is resting and will do so through at least Saturday morning.

I am not going to give you all the details on the game and I probably will not be doing a post-game blog either, but that should not stop you from discussing the game tonight.

All I know about the game is the Bruins plan to play Malcom Subban the full game in goal and if you are in the Boston area, you can watch a live stream here.

Otherwise, the game is on FoxSports Detroit and the puck drops just after 7:00p, ET.

Of course, I will return if something major happens, but I need a bit of rest too.  So see you tomorrow unless events call for another post tonight.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3

stonehands-78's avatar

Buckets!!!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Nice hands by Cleary there.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 09/19/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

5-1 Oh Danny Boy- Nice!

Go Wings!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 09/19/13 at 08:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Mac!

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Its amazing how hard a shot Almquist has for such a little dude

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 08:04 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Wow, my stream is way behind… and my computer’s not working real well either. cheese

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:04 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Wow, my stream is way behind… and my computer’s not working real well either.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Heyoh!!!!

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 08:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Howdy Kate.  How’s the grandson?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:56 PM ET

He’s a 3 year old. Help!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:07 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Buckets?!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

He’s a 3 year old. Help!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 09:07 PM ET

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could trade a little of their energy for a little of our experience?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 09:09 PM ET

I would trade anything for that energy. He’s picked up on my driving vocabulary. He plays with his cars and now says *#$%@&. Bad, bad Grandma.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:17 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

PP GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:19 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

LOL

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

He plays with his cars and now says a$$hole.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:20 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

me thinks P.K.‘s brother is a bit ... leaky

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Goooooaaallll…

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 09/19/13 at 08:21 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

7-2

anderson

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thanks Stoney. My feed is really slow.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Magic 8-2

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 09/19/13 at 08:23 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Dwight Jokim Anderson… booyah.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:23 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Magic
Pasha

and of course from ZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:23 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Magically Dangelicious !

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:25 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

helluva pass

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 08:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>> clank <<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:30 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Howdy bitches.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/19/13 at 08:32 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

welcome MO

here for the 8-2 drub’n?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Howdy bitches.

Right back atcha Mo.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:33 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Looking forward to the new season.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

team looks solid, lots of talent, good energy

No. 12 in 2014.

L.G.R.W.

see ya Sat

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Howdy bitches.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/19/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Ahoy-hoy Mo.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Saturday. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 08:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Later taters.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Per Khan, Kindl caught a hip flexor from Franzen, day to day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/19/13 at 08:41 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Per Khan, Kindl caught a hip flexor from Franzen, day to day.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 09/19/13 at 09:41 PM ET

its that season, they should really get their shots

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Some thoughts:

*  With that final there’s not a lot to be gleaned.  Cleary scored, so did half of the team though.

*  Poor Malcom Subban.  The Bruins did a bad, bad thing by saying ahead of time he’d play the whole game.  At 5 or 6 he needed to be pulled.  They then can’t yank him, but they really needed to be for his own confidence.  He let in a lot, and not all of them were good ones.

*  I don’t want to hear a word about DET needing to “let up”.  I’ve seen that suggested on Twitter.  Screw that.  BOS wasn’t letting up on checking from behind, so why not run up the score?...

* It was absolutely jarring to see dominate DET puck possession for the stretches of even strength that they did.  I have no idea if it’s any indicator of anything or not, but… I don’t know the last time we saw them THAT in control for huge stretches of time.

*  Woe be unto the East, that now gets to see Datsyuk more often.  He sure looked fine, didn’t he?  And oh my that Zetterberg pass… that was PHX playoff series-ish.

*  Can we STFU now for a bit about Cleary with Z and Pavs?  Abby’s fine.  Abby’s better.  Abby belongs there until he doesn’t.

*  Weiss needs to step it up.  I know it’s early but…

*  Chara looked lazy.  I was actually a bit taken aback by it.  I like Chara as a player but…. wow did he ever mail that game in, preseason game or not.

*  I love Tory Krug but someone is gonna’ pulverize him into a fine paste if he keeps messing with the bigs.

*  I’m not sure from FSD’s telecast but… DET *may* have moved to the Eastern Conference.  Maybe.

*  And just one more time, LOL at Cleary getting high-sticked from Tatar.  HE WILL DESTROY ALL WHO STAND IN HIS WAY TO A ROSTER SPOT.  YOU’RE ON NOTICE, TOOTOO AND SAMUELSS—err wait, Sammy got hit from behind and is probably hurt again already.  SAMUELSSON LAUGHS AT YOUR COMPLIANCE BUYOUT WINDOW.

Posted by Primis on 09/19/13 at 09:17 PM ET

perfection's avatar

thats hilarious… because it’s true!

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 10:31 PM ET