The Malik Report

This Is Your Blog - Wings/Bruins Tonight

Hopefully George is resting and will do so through at least Saturday morning.

I am not going to give you all the details on the game and I probably will not be doing a post-game blog either, but that should not stop you from discussing the game tonight.

All I know about the game is the Bruins plan to play Malcom Subban the full game in goal and if you are in the Boston area, you can watch a live stream here.

Otherwise, the game is on FoxSports Detroit and the puck drops just after 7:00p, ET.

Of course, I will return if something major happens, but I need a bit of rest too.  So see you tomorrow unless events call for another post tonight.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »

how anyone still doesn’t see Cleary as an upgrade over that someone else that’s going to be chopped off the bottom of the roster is beyond me.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 07:53 PM ET

I think that really depends on which Cleary shows up.  If it’s the Cleary from the playoffs then you are most definitely correct.  But the Cleary from the first half of last regular season was brutal, and second half Cleary was only not quite so bad.  Definitely not good, though.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 09/19/13 at 07:00 PM ET

perfection's avatar

you did George. but c’mon, how was this not obvious?! I swear Ansar started it all. Tatar reacted to the media firing questions at him about it assuming if they say he’s in jeopardy of not making the team then it must be true. But what logical reason would these media folks have to put in print the day after Cleary signs that this could be the writing on the wall for Tatar? It’s just stupid, seeing that there’s probably about 8 guys they’d probably get rid of before Tatar.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 07:00 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 09/19/13 at 08:00 PM ET

Cleary can’t POSSIBLY play like he did in the playoffs all year. and the team I’m sure doesn’t want him to seeing that he’d kill himself long before the playoffs even start. For a one year deal, under 2 mil, Cleary just needs to stay healthy and then play like playoff Dan Cleary in the playoffs and it’s well worth the money. A bargain in fact.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 07:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Magic pass

and a Captain goal.

nice

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Nice Zetterberg and Pavel.
3-0

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh come on!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:13 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

looks like the Red Wings are just toying with ‘em.

4-0

lov’n it!

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:15 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Double Titties!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 09/19/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

DeKeyser!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:17 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

James.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Baby powder and hockey socks. Old school.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:24 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

LGRW   LOL  snake  shock

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 09/19/13 at 07:25 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

That was kicked in, refs in top form tonight

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:25 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

pretty close to a kicking motion in my opinion

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ugh!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>> clank <<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Pretty weak penalty.  Not sure about the hybrid icing either, what is everyone else’s thoughts on it?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 09/19/13 at 07:35 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>> clank <<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 09/19/13 at 08:35 PM ET

Doesn’t bother me too much.  I think the protection it affords the players is a little overrated, but it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

good outing by James.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Not sure about the hybrid icing either, what is everyone else’s thoughts on it?

Not sure either but I want to see it in game action for awhile before passing judgement.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Not sure about the hybrid icing either, what is everyone else’s thoughts on it?

imma in the same kinda ‘wait-n-see’ mode.

if it prevents injuries and doesn’t slow the game, while still letting the offensive guy who hussles still have a chance to impact the play, keep it going, I think it’ll be a good thing.

but having said that, I still like ‘ole style hockey’, old / original rules. (i.e. Mick-style)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:40 PM ET

They used it at the prospect tourney, so I saw alot of it there.  Kinda got used to it.

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:45 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Kinda got used to it.

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 08:45 PM ET

But do you like it?  Did it affect the flow of the game?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:47 PM ET

perfection's avatar

Not only does hybrid icing not slow down the game but it actually speeds it up.

I definitely like it. Watched it in NCAA last few years and it works pretty well.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

But do you like it?  Did it affect the flow of the game?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:47 PM ET

I didnt really see the need for it, but I don’t hate it, and it doesn’t seem to effect the flow at all, to the point you really just forget about it as the game goes on.  At least as long the commentators don’t bring it up every icing.

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That would be the best scenario.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:50 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

doesn’t NCAA use ‘no-touch’, not hybrid?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thanks for the opinions guys and welcome back to the asylum.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:51 PM ET

perfection's avatar

doesn’t NCAA use ‘no-touch’, not hybrid?

i think you’re right.

they used it in AHL last year then right?

i know i’ve been watching it somewhere grin

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 09/19/13 at 07:53 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Thanks for the opinions guys and welcome back to the asylum.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Absolutely, good to be here

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Aloha, Quake. cool smile

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 09/19/13 at 07:54 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Thanks for the opinions guys and welcome back to the asylum.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Howdy Kate.  How’s the grandson?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 08:56 PM ET

How’d you get a hold of my DMV picture?

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 07:57 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Uh-oh, Tommy Mac’s in.  This could get interesting.

Posted by Hootinani on 09/19/13 at 07:58 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

How’d you get a hold of my DMV picture?

the FBI had it on the Gore too, their Top 10.

cheese

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 09/19/13 at 07:59 PM ET

calquake's avatar

the FBI had it on the Gore too, their Top 10.

And my dad said I’d never amount to anything.

Posted by calquake on 09/19/13 at 08:02 PM ET