The Malik Report

This Is It

I haven't heard from Georg today, so I am going to assume he is still dealing with food poisoning.

I will post any major news from the morning skate if need be, but let's hope there isn't anything major to report.

In the meantime, what are you doing to kill time until 7:00pm ET tonight?

Any superstitions you will bring out of the closet tonight or do you feel very confident the Wings will get at least one point, thereby making the playoffs for the 22nd straight season?

added 11:24am.

So far we know Richard Backman will be the starting goalie for Dallas and Nashville will have Chris Mason in goal tonight when they play in Columbus.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Zqto's avatar

All I hope is to see an octopus thrown at Dallas today!

Posted by Zqto on 04/27/13 at 10:09 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Some fun things to consider while waiting:

* Central Division could end up with half of the western conference teams in the playoffs still (CHI, STL, DET, CBS), and is guaranteed at least 3.  That speaks volumes considering CHI’s run.

* Conversely, the West in that scenario would lose a full 1/4 of their playoff teams to the East next season (DET, CBS).  And only gain back a WIN team that missed out.

* While we’ve talked about DET’s new division, CBS next year moves to a division with the NYR.  That should be fun, considering they flipped big-time players in two huge trades in the span of a year.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 10:26 AM ET

Primis's avatar

So the Wings get to face the guy from Utah in net again?  Didn’t Bachman beat the Wings when he got his first ever “W”?

Posted by Primis on 04/27/13 at 10:34 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

bon jour

a “W” and two points ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 11:26 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

Maybe I’m wishing for the wrong thing given the 3 zone travel, but I’d rather play Anaheim than Chicago in round 1. The Wings aren’t just playing to get into the playoffs anymore, now they can grab the 7th seed.

Posted by Bugsy on 04/27/13 at 12:03 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I’m going to get alcohol poisoning at this rate.

Death of pets in Michigan tonight: 188,963

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/13 at 01:06 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Death of pets in Michigan tonight: 188,963

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/13 at 02:06 PM ET

Plus three more in California

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/27/13 at 01:28 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Death of pets ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/13 at 01:30 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/27/13 at 02:06 PM ET

Did you count in my wife’s 4 chihuahua / bull mastiff’s? Yeah, I lmao every time I look at them.

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 04/27/13 at 01:36 PM ET

d ca's avatar

It’s Detroit sports on national HDTV day (awesome in Denver as the Slingbox can’t do HDTV well because of ATT Uverse’s upload speed)...

NFL Draft and watch Lions draft a WR while ignoring the tackle position or simply keep trading down…
DVR Detroit Tigers game
go to the gym
clean
cook early dinner
watch Red Wing game
at intermissions watch Colorado game (and actually kinda root for the Avs. Really hoping for a 7th place finish).

superstitions in the regular season watching on TV?

Nah.

only some in person and that only applies at the Joe (since I’ve only watched the Wings once at the Verizon, once at the Pepsi Center, and once at the RBC Center or whatever it is called now….was closest at RBC but Verizon Center was the best….Pepsi Center was populated with more Wings fans than Avs fans at the beginning of April this year)

Posted by d ca on 04/27/13 at 02:01 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I’m outta fingernails.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/27/13 at 03:44 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

I ran out of fingernails mid week.

Posted by Bugsy on 04/27/13 at 03:46 PM ET