The Malik Report

The Helm Watch

Kukla for Malik.

via Helene St. James tweet,

GM Ken Holland tells Detroit Free Press “I think Helm is going to play tonight”

added 12:39pm, via Ted Kulfan tweet,

Helm doing rushes with miller and cleary

added 1:00pm, via Detroit Red Wings tweet,

Helm says that he plans to take warmups and that he’ll take it from there.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Please be true

Posted by selke13 on 04/11/12 at 02:44 PM ET

What does the 4th line look like then???

Posted by JP on 04/11/12 at 02:49 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan says…  51-40-26, 93-13-44, 20-43-11, 14-8-96; 5-52, 55-23, 27-18; 35, 29; extras: 39, 48, 41, 4

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/11/12 at 02:53 PM ET

Scratching Homer for the games in Nashville, for me, has to be the way forward. He’s a major liability 5-5. Connor would be a much better fit.

Posted by Scottytooshotty on 04/11/12 at 03:05 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Helm and Cleary on the same line?

Might as well swap out miller for eaves to complete the wounded trifecta.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/11/12 at 03:05 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Best news of the day.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/12 at 03:07 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Smith will be in for Quincey/White at some point.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/11/12 at 03:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

via Wings tweet,

According to Mike Babcock, Conner, Mursak and Sheahan are healthy scratches up front. No decision on Nyquist/Emmerton.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/11/12 at 03:36 PM ET

No decision on Nyquist/Emmerton.

...what?

I didn’t realize there even WAS a decision…

Posted by Garth on 04/11/12 at 04:00 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

via Wings tweet,

...what?

I didn’t realize there even WAS a decision…

I agree. I don’t see the upside of having Mr. Invisible in over Gus.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/12 at 04:40 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I didn’t realize there even WAS a decision…

I agree. I don’t see the upside of having Mr. Invisible in over Gus.

Depends. Much as I love Nyquist, he’s pretty useless as a 4th liner. Emmerton, even with his screwups is the better option if that player is going to be stuck on the bottom line for all of 6 minutes of ice time. But in that case my argument would be Conner should be in there instead.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/11/12 at 05:07 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I’d actually put Emmerton below Nyquist and Connor. There’s a LOT less chance getting a goal out of Emmerton than those other two cats. Even at 6 min. a game.
Man, I’ve turned into an big Emmerton disliker (hater is too strong a term for someone who is a huge Meh…).

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/12 at 05:18 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Why not swap Nyquist and Cleary.  If Helm is good to go, let him and Nyquist skate circles out there.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/11/12 at 06:29 PM ET