The Malik Report

‘Octopi Hockeytown’ and ‘Throw Your Wings Up’

According to the Free Press's George Sipple, the Red Wings' official playoff theme is "Octopi Hockeytown," and a local artist named Baby G has a tune about "Throwing Your Wings Up"...

As they say, "Pass or fail?"

Update: From, well, me:

It's a solid website, but the octopus-tossing is in picture form only.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

“Throwing Your Wings Up”

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/17/13 at 02:29 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Fail.  “Throw your wings up” makes me think of food poisoning.

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/17/13 at 03:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Fail.  “Throw your wings up” makes me think of food poisoning.
Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/17/13 at 03:35 PM ET

It make me think of the second and third periods of game one.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/17/13 at 03:49 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Nothing “represents” hockey more than a bad rap song. Mega fail.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/17/13 at 03:50 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

a bad rap song

Did someone call the Department of Redundancy Department?

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 05/17/13 at 03:53 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I uh….6 snipers…uh…

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/17/13 at 03:57 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Someone got paid to come up with that?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/17/13 at 04:02 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

a bad rap song

Did someone call the Department of Redundancy Department?

C’mon now, that ain’t fair. Nothing puts a Lady in the mood like hearing one of her favorite melodies coopted by an angry young man, who can’t sing, yelling bad rhymes about pimps, hoes, killing cops and crack cocaine.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/17/13 at 04:03 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

is this thread only for the old folks, or can those of us that know there’s more to rap than pimps, hoes, killing cops and crack cocaine comment to?  sheesh.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/17/13 at 04:09 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/17/13 at 04:09 PM ET

I’m not old, rap sucks.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 05/17/13 at 04:13 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/17/13 at 04:09 PM ET

It was a joke. I know they also rap a lot about pot too. grin

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/17/13 at 04:23 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Get off my lawn!

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/17/13 at 04:23 PM ET

Chet's avatar

rap is fine, whoever ok’d that slogan should be fired.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 05/17/13 at 04:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Me likey, and I am old. Uh, Bitches.(and, pimps, and, hoes)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!! cool smile

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/17/13 at 06:52 PM ET

Forlorn in VA's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/17/13 at 04:09 PM ET

I’m over 40, does that qualify as old now?

I like old school rap.  Blondie is great!

Posted by Forlorn in VA on 05/17/13 at 08:17 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Grabbing your junk countless times and twisting your fingers into pretzels ALWAYS screams “GO TEAM GO!”

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/17/13 at 10:47 PM ET