The Malik Report

The Wings-Bolts Game 2 brawl

This was utterly stupid. Tampa TV feed:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Vladimir16's avatar

I got the fever, the fever for more Abdelkader.
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this but this team is so *#$%@& soft! Sad actually.
Go Griffins! They aren’t soft and won’t get bitch slapped. I recommend watching a playoff game in GR this year. It’ll be fun. I guarantee it.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/15/16 at 09:24 PM ET

Like I said in the lb, what did Tampa expect.  They went up 5-2 on the empty netter then put Callahan and Boyle out there who proceeded to throw big hits…..up 3, with a minute and a half left.  Fuch Tampa

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/15/16 at 09:31 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

Howard is not the blame but he is a peewee next to Bishop. He wasn’t test much tonight but every times they got at good shot awaay it got in. The 4th goal he kicked his leg to his right while the player was already gone around the net, that is call overcommiting. You dont do that you have a chance against the wrap-around.

We don’t play the one that can skates, the Bolts skate we don’t because we don’t play in critical moments the ones who does.

Yes i’m frustrated tonight. I’ve seen the Wings get beaten before but for some reason this season i just don’t like what they do with that roster.

Its was hilarious that suddenly Richards scored and than Blashill played him all the time..funny.

They have to play Larkin a lot, they have to play AA a lot, the heck with his defensive game. And they have to split up the twins…it doesnt work anymore.

Read more: http://wingstalk.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/2414/post_id/37596#37596#ixzz45x7Lu4LC

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/15/16 at 09:31 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/15/16 at 09:32 PM ET

I agree that Howard over committed on #4, but how in the hell do they let that guy even get a stick on it. Knock his ass over, get a stick on him, something.

Posted by TB1015 on 04/15/16 at 09:36 PM ET

Chet's avatar

fuch off, pierrec. nobody wants to read your blog.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/15/16 at 09:42 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Soft!

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/15/16 at 09:45 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

fuch off, pierrec. nobody wants to read your blog.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/15/16 at 10:42 PM ET

fuch off to you to chef…

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/15/16 at 10:11 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

Asked if he expects there to be any retaliation in Game 3 for Abdelkader punching Blunden, Cedric Paquette responds “probably” #TBLightning

Retaliation ?? what about the Bolts swinging at Richards while he was down ??

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/15/16 at 10:14 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Read more: www. drive traffic to me, read me, look at me.com

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/15/16 at 10:32 PM ET

Really not cool man.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 04/15/16 at 10:56 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Sorry but I agree with Paquette, not cool to start wailing with a guy on his back. Now that said, who knows what happened in that pile, it looked like just a pile, and if that’s the case, not a good show by Ablekater in my opinion calling a spade a spade.

I also think Cahalan did nothing to Larkin. He wasn’t “looking for him” he didn’t go after him, if anything it was Larkin who was jumping on the pile, and I gotta tell you, made my heart warm to see the kid stick his nose in there at 19, and not letting a much bigger Calahan hold him back.

As far Nesterov hitting Richards while he was down as noted by the self promoter, Richards started it, Richards than took a swing or two while the ref had them tied up, and Nesterov actually held up when he could’ve unloaded on his old ass when he was down, watch the film again.

And what was Howard doing? Seriously brother, there’s no “more to the story” commercial coming from you, because your about to be shipped out of town, via the expansion draft trade or waived. You should now, its 50/50 on whether you even get the start in Game 3. Show some balls, skate down there and smack bishop around, doubtful you even get there, but show something and maybe Blash gives you a nod. I would’ve.

Last thing, for all the bagging HHHT does on Richards, good for him to score keeping playing to the end then show some freakin heart and that he gives a 1/2 a harden terd, because aside from him Abby and Larkin, there wasn’t much of it tonight.

Everyone crying for AA to play more, the kid was a soft as the pillow I’m about to hit, he curls more than anyone on the ice, I think Nyquist was more physical tonight, yeah nyquist.

2 more games, did I just say that? Sincerely Pavel Datsyuk.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 04/15/16 at 11:10 PM ET

Not utterly stupid. The dolts have been taking liberties in both games. It’s about time shit was stirred up. If the plan isn’t working create chaos and look for an opportunity (either to score or break a nose, whatever).

Posted by SlimChance on 04/15/16 at 11:35 PM ET

PierreC's avatar

I’ve rewatched the Richards incident and i don’t agree with Chadwick…Richards simply was trying to defend himself. Richards is not a fighter that’s obvious.

And i love Abby smacking Blunden around..and i love Richards slash on i don’t rmember who..

all of this because of bad refering..They penalize ticky tacky plays but let go the ones they shouldnt.

Posted by PierreC from Montreal, Canada on 04/16/16 at 12:00 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

According to Blunden, he was cut by his visor. 8 stitches.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 04/16/16 at 12:29 AM ET

Chet's avatar

his visor didn’t whip out a switchblade in an alley, GM. smile

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/16/16 at 12:48 AM ET

Abby only got in a fight 5 periods too late.

Posted by BobafettVegas on 04/16/16 at 01:04 AM ET

The Bolts were no Angels tonight and the officials allowed them a lot of liberties so that’s what happens when you get frustrated by incompetent officiating.

Wings don’t usually engage in this sort of thing so for once I was happy to see them standing up for each other. And another thing. From reading their post game comments I get the impression some of the Bolts are just a little bit cocky right now and doing some chirping on the ice.

The wings beat themselves and their goalie was not equal to the task. I have said before that they need to score at least three to win a game and must hold the Bolts to 2 or less. With Howard there is no chance of that. Bishop has made the crucial save that Howie cannot and that is the key difference.

Only chance they have is Mrazek. I am not saying he will deliver but I am certain that Howard will not.

Posted by NewfieWing on 04/16/16 at 02:10 AM ET

Primis's avatar

fuch off, pierrec. nobody wants to read your blog.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/15/16 at 10:42 PM ET

+19

I don’t want t hear a thing from Paquette.  He had no problem with one of his teammate knocking out Datsyuk’s tooth.  No call for that either.

That was always how that game was going to end, after the refs lost control of it in the 2nd.  The only thing that kept it form happening sooner was that it was a close playoff game.

The refs deserve the bulk of the blame for it,

Posted by Primis on 04/16/16 at 09:02 AM ET