The Malik Report

The Wings Are Skating Now

Chuck Pleiness informs us via Twitter both Zetterberg and Datsyuk are on the ice.

More will be added to this post as needed.

added 11:01am, Khan tweets saying no Franzen but Weiss on the ice.

added 11:22am,. Khan,

Based on how they're skating it doesn't look like Datsyuk is ready. And it looks like Bertuzzi will be scratched again.

Lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Andersson-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Eaves. Emmerton skating, too.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

via Khan,

Cleary not practicing. He has missed a few practices lately. Also Weiss left near the start of practice.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/30/14 at 12:21 PM ET

So looks like Z is back. That’s good.

Posted by George0211 on 01/30/14 at 12:26 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

So looks like Z is back. That’s good.
Posted by George0211 on 01/30/14 at 11:26 AM ET

Do not speak any names less the extra wind force created by your breath be too much for their frail bodies to bear.

Posted by Hootinani on 01/30/14 at 12:44 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I’m not even gonna say things like that until I see Z, Datsyuk, whoever take their first shift in the game.I’m tired of being happy that players are returning, only to get my heart smashed in by seeing Cleary on the ice.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/30/14 at 01:56 PM ET

I think we all agree on what news we REALLY need to hear…

...when is Kindl getting back into the lineup?

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 01/30/14 at 02:03 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I think we all know, deep down, some of these guys have no real intention of coming back before the Olympic Break, and that for those who do participate in the Olympics they will return still hurt and with lingering issues.

Z’s problem is chronic.  Franzen’s too is basically chronic.  Datsyuk in general seems to have more injury issues as of late.

Steel yourselves.  This is going to remain an issue through the spring.  They have not had a single game with everyone healthy and dressed yet this season, and they won’t for the rest.  Just hope that Kronwall doesn’t go down next, because as under fire as he is from some corners way too much is being asked of him and if he goes down it really will be all over.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/30/14 at 12:56 PM ET

I’m just tired of seeing Cleary on the ice, period.

I could care less if Bertuzzi ever comes back either.  If it comes down to Bertuzzi or a guy like Sheahan playing, let the kid play.

Posted by Primis on 01/30/14 at 02:14 PM ET

I could care less if Bertuzzi ever comes back either.

I absolutely care if he comes back.

If Cleary and/or Bertuzzi are wearing the winged wheel next season I will be *#$%@& pissed.

Posted by Garth on 01/30/14 at 02:39 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

So… interesting to me that Andersson gets moved to the wing and Cleary is not there!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/30/14 at 03:45 PM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/30/14 at 02:45 PM ET

That’s what jumped out at me as well. As well as Eaves jumping over Cleary on the depth chart. I didn’t expect Eaves to ever come back, but his play since his return has been miles away from where he started the season.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/30/14 at 04:25 PM ET

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/30/14 at 03:25 PM ET

Because Eaves is a better skater and a better shot than Cleary.

Posted by George0211 on 01/30/14 at 04:58 PM ET

bleep bloop's avatar

I didn’t get Cleary over Bertuzzi. I think the idea is that Cleary can kill penalties and Bertuzzi can’t, but that’s not an excuse when they can’t kill penalties lately. And I think they could put Bertuzzi on the pk in a pinch. At least he sometimes pushes people around and is big and strong.

Posted by bleep bloop on 01/30/14 at 07:09 PM ET