The Malik Report

The Practicing Detroit Red Wings

Taken from the tweets of Ansar Khan...

Jimmy Howard not on the ice, Jake Patterson appears to be called-up and is the second goalie today.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk not at practice, Alfredsson is.

More as it comes in...

added 12:22pm, via Khan tweets,

Abdelkader skating on line with Bertuzzi and Andersson. My guess is Bertuzzi and Andersson are scratched, just holding places for 40 and 13.

Based on skate, looks like Jurco scratched again.

added 12:37pm, Beat writers report Alfredsson feels like he will play tomorrow and Gustavsson not sure if he is starting.

added 12:54pm, Zetterberg says he will play tomorrow...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

Franzen turning down requests for interviews today.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/25/14 at 12:58 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Gus it is.  Babcock says Gustavsson will start, Howard will back up if healthy enough.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/25/14 at 01:04 PM ET

gowings's avatar

“Franzen turning down requests for interviews today.”

I admit, I was never a fan…but if at the very least he could own it and say to the cameras “I can be better or should be better” then I would respect him a tiny bit more. Instead, he hides like a coward. He does not have to give a 5 minute interview, a quick 30 seconds and then move on. He has spoken before and if I remember correctly he said something along the lines of “it’s not about scoring?”

Sorry if I seem to harsh, but that type of behavior can become a plague in the dressing room. Good cap/bad cap money wise, I don’t care anymore….

Posted by gowings from MTL on 04/25/14 at 01:04 PM ET

As much as I’m annoyed with Franzen’s play, I can’t blame him for not wanting to talk to the vultures.

Posted by George0211 on 04/25/14 at 01:22 PM ET

Posted by George0211 on 04/25/14 at 01:22 PM ET

Agreed, I really don’t see what would be gained from it.  He’s never been a verbose guy in the first place, why should anyone expect that he would suddenly be a font of insight and self reflection now?

Posted by Garth on 04/25/14 at 01:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I imagine he knows what the “reporters” are going to ask.  Why deal with that now?  I’m not happy with him either, but let’s save the interviews for after it’s all over.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/25/14 at 01:59 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Please.  He’s a veteran player with a lifetime contract on a team where the ” harsh” questions by reporters are as about as mickey mouse as you can get.  Where nary a bad word is spoken about a player without vindicating them at the same time.  It shows bad leadership in a lead from the front environment.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/25/14 at 03:41 PM ET

I would like to see Babcock going away from matchups tomorrow. We have nothing to lose, just play your game, strength vs strength. There is not need to play our 4th line more minutes than second and third line. Boston does not have Malkin, Crosby and Neal on their roster, there is no need to constantly match up (and end up with bad changes in the process). So, what if Krejci or Bergeron line will end up playing against Helm line or Sheahan line. Structure is nice, but at some point I wish Babcock will just allow our guys to play and not think where they need to be on the ice every second of the game. This is a more talented team than Ducks03 version.
Regarding Bertuzzi, I would not bench him at this point. He is the only guy who can get to the front of the net on a PP. Loved how he bulldozed his way to the front of the net for the first goal when he just overpowered Babchuck along the boards.

Posted by VPalmer on 04/25/14 at 05:09 PM ET