The Malik Report

The Playoff Hits

23 minutes and 23 seconds of hits, all playoff hits.

23, that number keeps coming up.

Watch the video below, presented by awood40 again...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I miss Vlady

Posted by George0211 on 04/16/14 at 03:14 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

Riddle me this….why do all the guys who got hammered in the 80’s and 90’s get right up - even when they hit the boards - yet when it happens today they stay down and are helped off the ice to a quiet room?

Posted by wolverine on 04/16/14 at 03:49 PM ET

Posted by wolverine on 04/16/14 at 03:49 PM ET

None of those hits target the head/jaw, that’s why. Arms are down and hits got thru the body, even when the hitter leaves his feet.

Posted by George0211 on 04/16/14 at 03:51 PM ET

wolverine's avatar

Really?  Check out the first hit by the late, great, Shawn Burr.  Hits Cavalinni in the head, cause his head was down.  That’s just the first of many in this excellent montage.

Posted by wolverine on 04/16/14 at 03:56 PM ET

Posted by wolverine on 04/16/14 at 03:56 PM ET

Looks to me like a hit to the shoulder, not the head

Posted by George0211 on 04/16/14 at 03:58 PM ET

Yup.  And then Scott Stevens and his headhunting ass changed the hitting game.  Kozlov, Kariya, and Lindros.  Fuch that guy.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/16/14 at 04:02 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by George0211 on 04/16/14 at 03:14 PM ET

That’s all I could think while watching the early parts of the vid. Nice compilation of footage, though.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/16/14 at 04:02 PM ET

I haz mancrush on awood, Boss.  Out of the 180 channels I subscribed to on Youtube, his channel is the ONLY channel I set to send me an email whenever he posts his latest vid.  I could spend hours just watching his vids.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/16/14 at 04:06 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Wings still haven’t found someone that can patrol the middle of the ice with half the excllence of Vlad.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 04/16/14 at 05:26 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 04/16/14 at 05:26 PM ET

Well they grow on trees.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/16/14 at 05:36 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Threw that one up on the tv last night.

Vlad was fuching phenomenal.  What could have been and how many more cups could have been possible.

What a juggernaut those teams were from that era.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 04/16/14 at 06:43 PM ET

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 04/16/14 at 06:43 PM ET

+16.  And he was just getting warmed up.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/16/14 at 06:56 PM ET

topshelf14's avatar

First off this video compilation is amazing. Chills, goosebumps and butterflies the whole time. Second, how tough were those guys in the 90’s. No fights after a big hit, just get up and keep going, I love it. How freaking tough were Probie, Lapointe,Dmac, Vladdy and Fetisov. Jesus Lashoff I miss those days!

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 04/16/14 at 08:21 PM ET

SuperMatt75's avatar

Watching those clips reminded me of listening to Gary Thorne and Bill ‘Clement Clement hands of Cement’.  That was some quality broadcasting.

Eat a bag of dicks Eddie Olczyk. That is all.

Posted by SuperMatt75 from the cool side of the pillow on 04/16/14 at 10:36 PM ET

Major props for featuring Eddie Olczyk getting hammered.
Always nice to see Probert, Burr and Chiasson in the Winged Wheel once again.

Posted by mc keeper on 04/16/14 at 10:57 PM ET

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 04/16/14 at 08:21 PM ET

So very true, take the hit, get up and keep playing, no fights no scrums. Just makes you realize what a bunch of babies current NHL players are. Amazing.

Posted by George0211 on 04/17/14 at 08:05 AM ET

The last and finest example of NHL players being babies:  Ryan Callahan Kronwalled.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/17/14 at 01:06 PM ET