The Malik Report

Thank you: ‘going fishing,’ back soon

My internet connection's going downhiill fast, so I just wanted to say one thing: thank you for your comments, emails, Tweets and Facebook messages. I'm gonna take tonight off and possibly Sunday and/or Monday, and then I'll get back at 'er.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

cowboycoffee's avatar

perfect time for a break. recharge those batteries

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 08/25/13 at 09:18 AM ET

Hawk's avatar

Wow! How’s it possible not to mention Pavel Datsyuk, homophobia, LGBT and Putin’s anti-gay law?!

Seems like a remission, eh, Malik?

Posted by Hawk from Moscow, Russia on 08/25/13 at 12:56 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Hawk from Moscow, Russia on 08/25/13 at 01:56 PM ET

Trolling: To fish for attention by trailing a baited line from behind a weak mind.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/25/13 at 01:51 PM ET

Kate,
I will say I think George puts far too much of himself into his posts. Over the past year or so he has gotten to putting far too much personal thoughts and non hockey stuff in his posts. And far too much fringe non-redwings stuff as well. I think it would be very good for him to step back and refocus on hockey coverage as opposed to covering 47 tweets about Alfredson’s house and what the Ottawa media think about it and his personal itinerary.

I think he’s a good writer who is very dedicated and could get a look for a job for a major publication, but his professionalism has gone down the shitter over the last year.

Posted by teldar on 08/25/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

@ teldar. I was taking aim at Hawk with my comment, in defense of George. Maybe you missed that.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/25/13 at 05:27 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

George,

You need some intermission entertainment too.

Go catch a whopper

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 08/25/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by teldar on 08/25/13 at 06:12 PM ET

You’re right.

If he really wants to be a successful pro he needs to start making up and publishing stories and conversations that never happened, go onto ESPN shows and scream at other reporters for a half hour, and get about writing crappy books he can use Oprah to help peddle.

Posted by Primis on 08/25/13 at 10:31 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Primis, that’s not George’s readership.  Most KK people seem pretty die-hard.  We don’t like those main-stream guys and their shennanigans.  But George could do that and be a standard instead of co-opted, but his publications have let quite a bit of personal opinion out there and at time, it even seems forced on me as a reader.  It’s his blog, his conversation, I don’t have to come here and still do.. but I’ve enjoyed it a little less this past year.  Really since Rafalski retired and reference to him being a christian thus being “weird”.  I found KK because of Malik when he was at Mlive and followed him over here.  I loved his earlier stuff.

What’ Babs say?  You gotta stay fresh?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/26/13 at 12:04 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Good for you George..!! You really deserve a break..!!!  Go Red wings Go

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 08/26/13 at 12:33 AM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

Wow, what a bunch of ungrateful slobs. Get your own damn blog if you don’t like it here.

Thanks for all the hard work, George. Don’t change a thing. Have a good break.

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 08/26/13 at 02:06 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/26/13 at 01:04 AM ET

I didn’t think my sarcasm was that subtle….

Posted by Primis on 08/26/13 at 09:07 AM ET

Get a good rest there, George.  Whatcha got is whatcha got and I’m always thankful for it.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 08/26/13 at 12:27 PM ET