The Malik Report

Teemu Pulkkinen Recalled By The Wings

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

MoreShoot's avatar

love this Khan tweet:

Pulkkinen will make NHL debut Friday vs. Oilers because Jurco won’t play thy game due to rib injury.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/12/14 at 12:25 PM ET

Primis's avatar

*sigh*

Posted by Primis on 03/12/14 at 12:35 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

How long before we start calling up Walleyes to replace the injured Griffins??

F this season

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/12/14 at 12:41 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

The “rough stuff” is just gonna get worse, at least in the East. Funny how Sir Kenny Holland didn’t see that coming. Strange….

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/14 at 12:57 PM ET

I hear they actually have betting lines in Las Vegas now for the next Wings injury.  5 to 1 odds that Franzen will relapse with concussion like symptoms within the next 3 games.

The injuries are ridiculous.  I came to the realization last night that the wings have come full circle from starting the pre-season with pre-season rosters to now ending the season with the same pre-season rosters.

Purely watching for entertainment value now.

Posted by chrispiannt on 03/12/14 at 12:59 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

I’ve been expecting to see that Lashoff’s temporary injury is, in fact, more serious, and to see Ouellett or Almquist recalled.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/12/14 at 01:01 PM ET

Jaromir Blogger's avatar

The Red Wings’ injury situation is one of the most ridiculous I’ve ever seen in any sport.

Posted by Jaromir Blogger on 03/12/14 at 01:08 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Lions deserve honorable mention last year for the way their CBs went down like flies every Sunday.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/12/14 at 01:19 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/14 at 01:57 PM ET

I believe the Wings’ leading injury is still Groin, which has nothing to do with the “rough stuff” and everything to do with a substandard performance by the training staff.

Posted by Primis on 03/12/14 at 01:50 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I’m not talking about all the injuries which I agree is a serious issue with our training staff. I’m talking about the rough stuff that will take its toll on our guys. This $hit was held to a minimum when we had some toughness (and no I’m not talking about having a pure goon) policing the ice. You can’t tell me that Datsyuk and Zetterberg won’t be getting abused in the East next year when and if they’re healthy. The final games and playoffs in the East are a lot different then in the West.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/14 at 02:06 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/12/14 at 03:06 PM ET

Have you met, or watched, St. Louis, Anaheim, Chicago, etc?...  These temas in the East that are “feared” do nothing different than those western teams.

It’s a red herring.  That’s all it is.  This notion that the East is “tougher” is honestly just a lie to make the East feel better about the fact that the West has gotten the better of them for quite some time now.

Posted by Primis on 03/12/14 at 03:22 PM ET

Crater's avatar

How long before we start calling up Walleyes to replace the injured Griffins??

F this season

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 03/12/14 at 01:41 PM ET

The Detroit Red Wal-Griff 5000s.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 03/12/14 at 06:08 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

How soon until they hold a public try-out for the open roster spots?

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 03/12/14 at 09:13 PM ET