The Malik Report

Taking a badly-needed day off

My apologies for the lack of Worlds updates today…I’m worn out from lack of sleep and an aggravated light sensitivity issue (thanks, concussion in 2006), so I need to take the afternoon off. I’ll be back at the latest sometime tomorrow. Sorry for the interruption in service.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Norskirama's avatar

Sleep my child and peace attend thee, all through the afternoon and night.

smile

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/13/12 at 05:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

George, hope you feel better, take your time.  If you didn’t manage to see the USA game it was far and away their best of the tourney.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/13/12 at 06:50 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I didn’t get to see it. No sleep for two days plus spending three-and-a-half hours jammed into the bleachers of Callahan Hall—sans air conditioning—with 1,300 graduates and all their family members was what started it, and my eyes had been hurting for a while, and by the time I got home, they felt worse than they do now—it’s like every light source is staring into the sun for 10 or 15 seconds, where you get the image temporarily burned into your retina, and it hurts lots and lots, so I can’t watch much TV or putter around on my computer. I need another night of no light and some time off to regroup so my headaches will go away.

It’s just a combination of fatigue and dealing something my concussion gave to me as a gift. I’ve got to wear sunglasses pretty much all the time when I go outside, but at least my noodle didn’t get scrambled permanently. I’m bpaljrpaomeuarpeoma fine wink

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 05/13/12 at 07:06 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Rest, George.  You are pushing yourself too hard.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/13/12 at 09:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Rest, George.  You are pushing yourself too hard.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Michigan, now in Flori-duh on 05/13/12 at 07:13 PM ET

This.
Besides, I blabbered enough running commentary for everyone in the previous thread during the USA game vs Finland.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/13/12 at 10:15 PM ET

N. Kronwall has just hammered a poor Latvian guy in a meaningless game for both teams. Totally unwanted and unasked for.

For the first time ever I cringed at “kronwalling” and felt bad for the fallen guy. He was in a vulnerable position and did not expect anything like this in a mellow Euro game.

Posted by Alex on 05/15/12 at 05:31 PM ET

Undrafted Danick Gauthier (6.02’ 198, C/R), a teammate of Jurco on Saint John Sea Dogs team, had a monster regular season and playoffs and can develop into a bona fide NHL power forward.
Paging KH and DRW scouts

Posted by Alex on 05/15/12 at 06:48 PM ET

Posted by Alex on 05/15/12 at 04:48 PM ET

I’ve checked. He set a franchise record for most goals scored in a regular season and had more points than Jurco. And now his rights are owned by Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Captain is smart, isn’t he?

Posted by Alex on 05/15/12 at 11:43 PM ET