The Malik Report

Status Quo For The Wings

Ansar Khan of Mlive reports the Wings will go with the same lineup for game one against Anaheim.

Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock has some veterans with extensive playoff experience at his disposal as the team prepares to face Anaheim in the first round.

But, there is no need to tinker with a winning lineup, so Babcock is not planning on any changes for Game 1.

“The guys who got us here are getting into Game 1,'' Babcock said Sunday, before the team traveling to Anaheim. “I’ve told the others to get themselves ready and to support the team.''

continue including Helm is on the trip.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

w2j2's avatar

Hopefully Helm can play in round 2 when the Wings take on Chicago.

cool smile

Posted by w2j2 on 04/28/13 at 09:57 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Posted by w2j2 on 04/28/13 at 10:57 PM ET

That’d be great, but is there any reason we should be expecting him back? I thought he was shut down for the year?

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/29/13 at 12:14 AM ET

w2j2's avatar

Nope.  Not shut down for the year.  He was shut down for the regular season.  There is hope.

cool grin

Posted by w2j2 on 04/29/13 at 01:03 AM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

AWESOME. Here’s hoping. I’ve been thinking about which Wing to get the Winter Classic jersey for. Definitely Helm. Still unavailable though via nhl.com :/

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 04/29/13 at 01:05 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I think it’s cool that they took god along, even if he can’t play.  Classy.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/29/13 at 07:33 AM ET

I like our team.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 04/29/13 at 08:17 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

This group deserves to start game one, and why disrupt a good thing?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/29/13 at 08:33 AM ET

SandysWingingit's avatar

Kudos to Babcock for rolling with the lines that got us here, and getting those young guys some playoff experience. I like it! GO RED WINGS!!!

Posted by SandysWingingit on 04/29/13 at 09:02 AM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

This group deserves to start game one, and why disrupt a good thing?

Agreed, but they will have to be fast against Anaheim’s size.  I think that’s the plan.  If it goes poorly at the start, I expect to see Sammy/Bert.  I don’t expect any changes in the D, tho.

Posted by MoreShoot on 04/29/13 at 09:34 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

those playoff-experienced veterans may not play, but that doesn’t mean they can’t contribute in the locker room, talking to the young guys, helping them prepare, keeping the mood light and the jitters low…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/29/13 at 09:34 AM ET