The Malik Report

Skate At Comerica Park

from the Detroit Red Wings,

DETROIT – Olympia Entertainment revealed today activities for the 2013 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™ with two weeks of events taking place on the ice rink inside Comerica Park Dec.16-24.

Public open skates inside Comerica Park will allow fans of all ages to have the once-in-a-lifetime thrill of skating on the same ice as their Red Wings and Maple Leafs Alumni hockey heroes.

Open Skate Dates & Times
• Tuesday, Dec. 17: 8 - 8:50 a.m., 9:30 - 10:20 a.m., 11 - 11:50 a.m., 12:30 - 1:20 p.m.
• Friday, Dec. 20: 9 - 9:50 a.m., 10:30 - 11:20 a.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 24: 8 - 8:50 a.m., 9:30 - 10:20 a.m., 11 - 11:50 a.m., 12:30 - 1:20 p.m., 2 - 2:50 p.m.

Public open skate events are available for purchase in 50-minute increments. Prices are $25/adult, $15/kids 14 & under and $5/non-skater. Kids 2 & under are free. Fans can bring their own skates or rent skates for $10.

continue for open practice information and more

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

Boy, $25.00 for 45min of skating seems a little steep?

Posted by Down River Dan on 12/06/13 at 05:06 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Agreed DRD, a family of 4 with two kids, depending on their age will pay $80 to a $100 to skate for less than an hour.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 12/06/13 at 05:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

The prices are a little steep but it’s a once in a lifetime thing. I hope some of this money ends up in a well deserved charity.
This just jabs the knife in my heart deeper when I once again have a Christmas away from home. That would be so cool to have a skate on Christmas Eve and then a nice dinner in Greektown. Color me green with envy.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 12/06/13 at 10:03 PM ET