The Malik Report

Seeya, Lilja

per Tomppaax and the Flyers, former Wing Andreas Lilja’s going back across the continent:

The #Flyers have agreed to a contract with free agent D Andreas Lilja and signed RW Jakub Voracek to a contract extension.

Update per Paul:

3 years 1,7 per for lilja, unbelievable

What Paul said!!!

Sorry, TSN’s McKenzie nixed that report.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

BREAKING NEWS…the Flyers are run by ass-clowns.

Posted by godblender on 07/01/11 at 02:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Flyers are really stocking up!  Jagr, now Lilja.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 02:57 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

And to think I complained about Holland not making moves…his non-moves compared to Holmgren’s moves?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/01/11 at 02:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

With Jovo gone to Florida and Lilja gone, how long before we resign Salei? —-  well that will be Aug 15.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 03:01 PM ET

I told ya Ericsson’s deal was gonna sound better and better as the hours passed by

Posted by Zqto from Brazil on 07/01/11 at 03:01 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

The Flyers are cracking me up… simply CANNOT wait for the first PIT/PHI game.

Good for Lilja finding work; he seemed like a good guy.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 07/01/11 at 03:02 PM ET

Lilja gets $1.7 for 3 years?! We’re only two hours into free agency and already I feel SOOOO much better about that Big E contract….although I still hate it.

Posted by godblender on 07/01/11 at 03:03 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Andreas Lilja- 3 years, $9.9 million.  Done.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 07/01/11 at 03:03 PM ET

I’m sure Lilja’s not making $3.25M per.

Posted by Garth on 07/01/11 at 03:04 PM ET

Ah hell….McKenzie was wrong Lilja deal….that’s Goc to Florida numbers.

Posted by godblender on 07/01/11 at 03:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m sure Lilja’s not making $3.25M per.

Too low?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 07/01/11 at 03:05 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

“I’ve been in the car all day with a few friends, driving to Gothenburg,” said Ericsson, who signed his new deal worth $9.75 million Friday morning. “We’re going to see Iron Maiden and Metallica this weekend. I’m pretty excited about that too.”

They’re still alive?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 03:07 PM ET

They’re still alive?

Posted by RWBill from Imported from Detroit,

The more troublesome part: The focker isnt in the gym!
hahahaha

Garth, I have no idea what are liljas numbers, but if I were the red wings GM, I would rather have Ericsson for his price, over a FREE (ZERO cap space) Lilja

Posted by Zqto from Brazil on 07/01/11 at 03:11 PM ET

I would rather have Ericsson for his price, over a FREE (ZERO cap space) Lilja

Great!

Posted by Garth on 07/01/11 at 03:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Capgeek shows red wings roster at

14 forwards

5 defensemen

1 goalie

With $10.9M cap space

The forwards include eaves, miller, emmerton, mursak, AND Hudler, the 5th highest paid forward at a cap hit of $2.875.

That’s already too many forwards, no room for Richards even if they’re thinking aboot it.  If they did get Richards, which will likely take >$7M, they’d probably give away Hudler.

A sixth Dman, plenty of money but no sense overpaying.

At this point we look weaker.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 03:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Meech to Winnipeg for 2 years.

Now Philly gets Max Talbot?  Goon squad.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/01/11 at 03:45 PM ET