The Malik Report

Rumor: Red Wings ‘shopping’ Bertuzzi?

This strikes me as very, very odd, but "On Frozen Blog" reports that there may be more to the Red Wings' decision to scratch Todd Bertuzzi than we know:

I don't believe that the Wings want to "shop" their nuclear deterrent--he's just had a rough couple of games since the Winter Classic and needs a kick in the pants.

Update: Well who the hell knows:

I don't believe it. Not for a second. The boss and I tried to get on top of this one and it turned out to be bologna.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

I smell an E5 somewhere here.  I might be wrong.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/24/14 at 06:36 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Bert for Green, straight up.

Do it Kenny, you know you want to.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/24/14 at 06:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I saw the tweet, saw George was around and he posted and mentioned he doubts it will happen.

So I just did some research and found the source of the rumor is almost like the E5 guy, you know, name enough names and teams and eventually it could come true.

But surprised a MSM guy would pick up that, unless of course it is coming from somewhere else.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/24/14 at 06:43 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Send him to the Sharks for Stu.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 01/24/14 at 06:44 PM ET

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/24/14 at 06:43 PM ET

Boss, I knew you’d get that.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/24/14 at 06:44 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

shop Sammy before Big Bert pllllleeeeease

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 01/24/14 at 06:46 PM ET

I don’t believe it. Not for a second. The boss and I tried to get on top of this one and it turned out to be bologna.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 01/24/14 at 06:47 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

*HIGH FIVE*

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/24/14 at 06:51 PM ET

Alan's avatar

AMEN to that!

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/14 at 07:04 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

No one wants Sammy. Besides, no one knows what his current potential is right now, other then how well he sits in the press box.

I can’t imagine Bert going anywhere.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/24/14 at 07:04 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I dunno, maybe we can get a team to take Sammy for whatever was in the case in Pulp Fiction.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 01/24/14 at 07:06 PM ET

Chet's avatar

hilarious, GM.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 01/24/14 at 07:35 PM ET

Shop Sammy?  Were you standing in front of a brick wall with a microphone in your hand while you typed that?

Posted by Garth on 01/24/14 at 10:22 PM ET

Also, if the Bert rumour isn’t true, then it’s unfortunate…

Posted by Garth on 01/24/14 at 10:25 PM ET