The Malik Report

Riley Sheahan Talks About His Arrest

from Peter J. Wallner of Mlive,

Riley Sheahan hopes his latest scoring surge and temporary promotion to the No. 1 line on the Grand Rapids Griffins is a sign 2013 will be a better year.

The 21-year-old Detroit Red Wings prospect said he is “embarrassed” about his "superdrunk" arrest after a traffic stop in downtown Grand Rapids last fall.

“I have two wonderful parents and I was brought up in a great home, so to embarrass them and embarrass the organization, I think that was the worst part,” Sheahan said Thursday, Jan. 3, in his first public comments following a well-publicized October arrest in Grand Rapids for drunken driving while wearing the purple Tinky Winky Teletubby costume.

continued

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Good start. I like the attitude displayed here. Here’s to hoping he keeps it up.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/03/13 at 04:36 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

My reaction was the same.  At least he knows he let people down and is ashamed.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 01/03/13 at 04:55 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Hmmm…I’m afraid he’s missing the point that perhaps the worst part was endangering the lives of others.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/03/13 at 05:01 PM ET

LivinLaVidaLockout's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 01/03/13 at 05:01 PM ET

Well guess what? He didn’t hurt anyone in his stupidity, and therefore he thinks the public humiliation is worse.  He’s already suffered a downgrade in everyone’s eyes who have heard about what he did, and being in the public eye, a lot of people have heard about it.

Posted by LivinLaVidaLockout on 01/03/13 at 06:08 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

Indeed.  Certainly he deserves the chance, but the proof will be in his own actions going forward.

Posted by Stevis on 01/04/13 at 12:06 AM ET