The Malik Report

Replacing Bill Peters

from Chuck Pleiness of Red Wings Front,

“Mike Babcock’s done a good job in finding replacements when we’ve lost people,” Holland said. “I’ll talk to him in the next day or two. We’ll start out by exchanging ideas. I’m sure some people will reach out to us and tell us that they’re interested in the job in Detroit and we’ll slowly find a replacement.”...

“I’m sure Mike is thinking about it right now,” Holland said. “I’m in no rush. There have been so many people let go in the industry the last month I’m sure there’s a few looking for another opportunity. And I’m sure there are people with real good experience in the American League or juniors that would like an opportunity. We’ll have some good candidates and we’ll eventually find somebody.”

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Mistercristo's avatar

Problem(s) solved: Assistant Coach Cleary.  Couldn’t be any worse.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 06/19/14 at 07:53 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

He does bring locker room leadership…

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/19/14 at 09:49 PM ET

What if WMU’s Andy Murray is his pick to replace Peters?  The Wings would have three NHL coaches behind their bench.

Too much?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/19/14 at 09:55 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Hey, Dan Bylsma is available. smile

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/19/14 at 10:21 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

Who’s an available coach that can run a damn power play? For all the talk about upgrading our blue line, there should be talk about fixing the PP. Teams wouldn’t take such liberties with us if we could make them pay for it on the score board.

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 06/19/14 at 10:36 PM ET

Posted by brians neck on 06/20/14 at 12:20 AM ET

d ca's avatar

Chelios

Seriously, why would the Wings replace a guy that works with the d-men and pk with a player or someone that specializes in the other aspects of the game.

Posted by d ca on 06/20/14 at 01:01 AM ET

Bring Back Larry Murphy!!!

Posted by SlimChance on 06/20/14 at 08:21 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Too much?

Posted by SYF from Zata’s Epic Viking Beard on 06/19/14 at 09:55 PM ET

Murray has stated in the past that he really likes WMU and I dunno’ that he feels the need to re-enter the NHL coaching grinder.  He recruits really well, and may have found his home in NCAA.

I’d be surprised if he left WMU.

Posted by Primis on 06/20/14 at 09:17 AM ET

igrover's avatar

Chelios yes!

Posted by igrover on 06/20/14 at 09:25 AM ET

I think Chelios deserves at least some consideration. I’m pretty sure he’ll be coaching at the NHL level at some point but I’m not sure if he is prepared for that or wants that at this time in his life.

Posted by evileye on 06/20/14 at 11:24 AM ET

I’d be surprised if he left WMU.

Posted by Primis on 06/20/14 at 09:17 AM ET

Then I’d cross him off that list.  Peters was the defensemen and PK coach.  Wings need to replace that since Renney’s managing the PP and seems to split duties with Babcock in managing the forwards group.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/20/14 at 01:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

There has been some talk on Andy Murray today, the Leafs were interested in adding him to their coaching staff, Murray said he was very happy at WMU.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/20/14 at 01:46 PM ET

Tracy from T-Town Hockey 's avatar

Ha my bad,  for some reason I was thinking of Renney.  It would be silly to replace him with a PP specialist. Toobad our PK has been pretty good.

Posted by Tracy from T-Town Hockey on 06/20/14 at 02:46 PM ET