The Malik Report

Remembering Budd Lynch

Adrain Dater,

Mr. Lynch wasn’t just a great PA announcer, with his big, booming voice and old-school vibe. He was a genuine war hero, fighting for our freedom on the shores of Normandy on D-Day – June 6, 1944.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

An institution as venerable and beloved as “The Joe” itself.  Rest in peace, Budd. It is nice that so many hockey folks have posted similar sentiments.

Posted by pcoffey on 10/09/12 at 01:00 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

downer

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/09/12 at 01:40 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

RIP Bud.
Nice to see the stick tap from much of the hockey world.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 10/09/12 at 01:55 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by pcoffey on 10/09/12 at 01:00 PM ET

This ^^^^  RIP Budd

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 10/09/12 at 02:01 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks for the memories, Budd.

downer

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/09/12 at 03:10 PM ET

Ernie Harwell, George Kell, and now, Budd Lynch.

The City of Detroit is blessed to have had such great voices gracing the airwaves.

Good night, Mr. Harwell.  And “Thanks” for the memories.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 10/09/12 at 05:28 PM ET

Good god, man, where the hell are my eyes???

Thanks, Mr. Lynch.  RIP.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 10/09/12 at 05:29 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

My favorite Budd Lynch story is him going to the doctor when he was 90 and the doctor telling him to quit drinking. He tells the doctor “I’m going to get a second opinion”.
Lefty Wilson , Wally Crossman, and now Budd. RIP

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/09/12 at 09:12 PM ET