The Malik Report

Red Wings release preseason schedule

Per DetroitRedWings.com’s Bill Roose, here’s the Red Wings’ 2012 preseason schedule, with the home games in bold:

Septempber 26 Wed Pittsburgh Penguins Consol Energy Center 7 p.m.
September. 28 Fri Chicago Blackhawks United Center 8:30 p.m.
September 29 Sat Chicago Blackhawks Joe Louis Arena 7 p.m.
September 30 Sun Washington Capitals Joe Louis Arena 5 p.m.
October 3 Wed Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Louis Arena 7:30 p.m.
October 5 Fri Toronto Maple Leafs Joe Louis Arena 7:30 p.m.

October 6 Sat Toronto Maple Leafs Air Canada Centre 7 p.m.
October 7 Sun Washington Capitals Verizon Center 5 p.m.

MLive’s Ansar Khan and the Detroit Free Press’s James Jahnke are confirming.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Crater's avatar

Cool to see this released. I’m looking forward to the regular schedule and info on when Lidstrom’s Jersey retirement will happen. Girlfriend and I are hoping to buy plane tickets and a hotel room and come out for that game and the ceremony.

Posted by Crater from SoCal on 06/13/12 at 05:34 PM ET

Don’t forget the Kleenexes, too, Crater.  Gonna be a poignant day.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 06/13/12 at 05:40 PM ET

awould's avatar

awesome scheduling. it’s nice they give the fans some good matchups w/ quality east conf teams (and toronto)

Posted by awould on 06/13/12 at 05:47 PM ET

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

I see what you did there.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 06/13/12 at 06:48 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I would imagine that the Wings may not reveal the date of Lidstrom’s number retirement until they release their regular season schedule, which the Free Press’s Helene St. James said might happen next week, if not later so that there isn’t a run on tickets.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/14/12 at 12:11 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

When do these go on sale?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 06/14/12 at 02:40 PM ET