The Malik Report

Red Wings mid-day news: reviewing the team’s action plan

Given the readers’ reactions to the last couple of posts, this isn’t going to go over particularly well, but especially in light of the Shane Doan grand tour taking a more serious tone, MLive’s Ansar Khan offers a necessary review of the Red Wings’ action plan given the front office’s inability to land Ryan Suter or Zach Parise (for family reasons), Shea Weber (didn’t want to sign with a Central Division Rival) or Rick Nash, noting that Ken Holland & Company will proceed cautiously but aggressively as they exhaustively investigate every opportunity to improve their team:

If the Red Wings don’t land Doan, they might make a pitch for free-agent right wing Alexander Semin on a short-term deal (one or two years). Teams are hesitant to ink the talented forward to a long-term pact, since his commitment is often question.

Khan believes that Bobby Ryan’s asking price makes it highly unlikely that the Wings will attempt to trade to acquire a goal-scorer with other options (including Petr Sykora) available for only the price of their contracts. Otherwise…

Defense is a more pressing concern for the Red Wings. They must trade to acquire a top-pair defenseman since there are no remaining high-end free-agent options. Perhaps some players who aren’t available today will be on the move if the $70.2 million salary cap is reduced in the new CBA because several teams might be over the ceiling.

If nothing else, the Red Wings will add a second or third-pair defenseman from a shallow pool of remaining free agents that includes Carlo Colaiacovo, Pavel Kubina, Michal Rozsival, Scott Hannan and Milan Jurcina.

The Red Wings, despite losing Jiri Hudler to Calgary, feel they’ve improved their forward depth by signing Mikael Samuelsson, Jordin Tootoo and Swiss scoring star Damien Brunner on July 1. They believe they’ve significantly upgraded their backup goaltending by signing Jonas Gustavsson.

Of course, they had hoped to do much more by late July.

“We had a game plan heading into the summer,’’ Holland said. “Part of it was July 1, and we accomplished a lot of things on July 1. We tried to make additional moves. They haven’t happened. I still believe we got good depth in goal and good depth up front. The team is younger than it was two years ago. We got a lot of players that can grow into bigger roles.’‘

Some fans don’t want to hear this. They are accustomed to success (21 consecutive playoff appearances, 12 100-point seasons in a row, four Stanley Cups, etc.) and anticipate an annual press conference introducing a star player. But, no one can question Holland’s efforts to add an impact player.

“We tried to add high-profile names. It didn’t happen,’’ Holland said. “We’ll continue to talk, explore.’‘

Quickie update: Also of Wings-related note:

• The Grand Rapids Griffins are looking for a community relations intern;

• And via RedWingsFeed and Jim Delaney:

You can read the job description here on Hockeyjobs.nhl.com.

Update Mike Stone is an idiot:

5. Hmm. Rick Nash gets traded to the Rangers and Shea Webber signs a massive offer sheet with Philadelphia. Are there any good players that want to play for the Red Wings? Unless something happens in a trade, I don’t see this off-season as anything other than horrific for Detroit. Ken Holland can spin it any way he wants, but Mikael Samuelsson, Jordin Tootoo, Jonas Gustavsson, and the re-signing of Kyle Qunicey do not exude much excitement for Red Wing fans. With lots of loot to spend, the Wings have done very little. Can you say Hey Hey Schlockeytown?

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

BrendonR's avatar

George, amidst all of the Wings-angst on here maybe we could look at profiling in-depth two of the less divisive and more universally praised KH moves this summer: specifically, I’m referring to the Monster and Renney signings.  Personally I think these will have a huge impact next year, and we Wings fans seem to forget the good things that have happened so far and instead revert back to the oh-no-not-Sammy-again line.  Our goaltending is hugely improved as the Monster is a potential No. 1 in the right environment and Renney should do good things not only for the PP, and for working with younger players, but to re-tune-in those that seemed to tune out Babs the past year or so.

Focusing on these 2 signings and their potential positive impact could go a long way for a beaten, battered and frustrated 19.

Posted by BrendonR on 07/24/12 at 02:29 PM ET

I for one like all the moves so far. The only disappointment for me was not landing suter. For all the Holland hate, not even Mr. I could get him to come here either. Parise, IMO was a pipe dream, as was Nash. And if the reports that Det offer was better are true, then you can’t blame Kenny on that one either. The sky is not falling, and we don’t live by the Mayan calendar.

Posted by T on 07/24/12 at 02:43 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

the Monster

Does anyone else feel like he should actually have to earn this nickname?
He’s fvcking terrible.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 02:49 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

the Monster

Does anyone else feel like he should actually have to earn this nickname?
He’s fvcking terrible.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 12:49 PM ET

He was great until his goalie coach forced him to play deep in the crease. Give him time with Bedard to get back to a more aggressive style and I think he’ll show everyone why he’s called The Monster.

Re: Semin, I posted this in the morning update, but as it’s buried and this is a better place for the discussion…

I’d offer Semin 10 years $50 M and tell him he’s purchasing an adjusting NTC for the other $20 M he wants. I’d break the contract down as follows:

Age Reg. Season - Age Playoffs - Contract

28-29 yr 1. $7 M, full NTC
29-30 yr 2. $7 M, full NTC
30-31 yr 3. $6 M, NTC to all but 5 teams
31-32 yr 4. $5 M, NTC to all but 10 teams
32-33 yr 5. $5 M, NTC to all but 15 teams
33-34 yr 6. $5 M, NTC to 10 teams
34-35 yr 7. $5 M, NTC to 5 teams
35-36 yr 8. $4 M
36-37 yr 9. $3 M
37-38 yr 10. $3M

He gets $20 Million the first 3 years, $20 Million the next 4 years, and $10 Million the final 10 years when he is unprotected. The length and selling the NTC should get the cap hit down to $5 M. Even if Gandler is nuts I doubt there is a team at this moment that would give Semin a contact like this with protection. I don’t get the negative smack about Semin. He wants to play in all situations and sacrificed himself defensively to block shots in the playoffs. Unlike Ovechkin, Semin seems willing to buy into a system, so why not take the chance and give Houdini his assistant?

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 02:58 PM ET

He’s fvcking terrible.

Actually, he’s not.

Posted by Garth on 07/24/12 at 03:00 PM ET

I’d offer Semin 10 years $50 M

That is literally the worst thing you can offer to a guy like him.  Give him no reason at all to start caring, since he’s guaranteed to never need to produce in order to earn a contract.

Posted by Garth on 07/24/12 at 03:01 PM ET

WingedRider's avatar

I’d offer Semin 10 years $50 M

I agree the worst thing you can give an player who is not motivated to play, is a long term deal.  Caps tried 1 year at a time and that didn’t really work out well either.

MAX 3 years for Semin with performance bonuses at best.  But that is why he won’t sign with Wings as some Howson/Snow pretend GMs will offer long term deals.

On the topic of Holland this is only one year of average signings and may be be a good thing in the long run.  Pretty crappy UFA list except for 4 or 5 players.  Will see by June 2013 and then assess where the Wings are.

Aside from NYR, Wild, Flyers, maybe Tampa other teams haven’t really done anything but tinker, I think??

Like I said before, the new CBA may force some teams to dump some salaries in Oct.

Posted by WingedRider from Saskatoon, SK on 07/24/12 at 03:23 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Actually, he’s not.

Posted by Garth on 07/24/12 at 01:00 PM ET

Yeah, yeah, yeah…..you’ve seen him play more.  Let’s not split hairs…...maybe he doesn’t lick as bad as Phaneuf makes him look, but the nickname “Monster” seems appropriate for like Hasek or Rinne.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 03:28 PM ET

Gotta go with Garth on this. The guy appears to have some motivation issues!,, I’m biased because I don’t really like semin. I think he could play well with Pav or Hank but would he? And with gusto the whole year?

Posted by Wbclimb from Az on 07/24/12 at 03:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

He gets $20 Million the first 3 years, $20 Million the next 4 years, and $10 Million the final 10 years when he is unprotected.  I don’t get the negative smack about Semin.
Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 12:58 PM ET

That is literally the worst thing you can offer to a guy like him.
Posted by Garth on 07/24/12 at 01:01 PM ET

Indeed.

Let me repeat myself, sorry for this, but Bradley why do you think none of 30 GMs are willing to make that kind of offer to Semin?  You don’t get the negative smack about Semin because you are not in the Circle of Trust at the player or GM level.  Neither am I, but just reading between the lines it is obvious that a long term deal that Semin wants is universally regarded as a heaping pile of hot excrement.  Franchises are running from Semin’s agent as fast as they can.

He is not a man you want a long term obligation to.

Somebody will panic and give him something, but in a summer almost completely void of top end forwards it is very revealing that in 4 weeks of Free Agency no one has met Semin part way.  There are reasons and Kenny is not unaware of them.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/24/12 at 03:30 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

Posted by RWBill from hiding indoors from Virginia heat. on 07/24/12 at 01:30 PM ET

No apologies. I just wanted to throw that out there. I thought Semin played well in the playoffs, better than Ovechkin. Big shots have said he has more talent than Ovechkin, if he can get himself in gear. Part of his problem have been injuries, which are a concern I must admit. But could the truth be that he’s Washington’s scapegoat? I find it hard to believe that Semin is the coach killer when the poorly chosen captain Ovechkin is the long term locked in star who’s play has fallen far from his cap hit. I think Gandler has more to do with Semin still being out there than Semin himself, along with a reputation that I think has been created to shield Washington from what’s looking like a very poor choice in paying Ovechkin more than Crosby. Based on what I’ve seen of Washington the last two seasons, I would not want to play there. Something happened to suck the life out of that team, and out of Ovechkin. Was it the contract, the captaincy, or both? It wasn’t Semin.

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 03:44 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

The only contract I would offer Semin, if I were GM, would be HEAVILY incentivized with a low or no base salary. Oh and not guaranteed either. But if he made the incentives, it would make him one of the highest paid players. Alas, though such contracts are popular in the NFL, I think they are not permissible under the NHL’s hard cap.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could give Semin a contract that said he earned a million dollars for every 10 goals he scored, $500k for every 10 assists, $250k for every +5 of plus/minus, -$250k for every -5 of plus/minus and guaranteed him 15min of ice time a night unless he fell below -10. Semin’s agent would never let him agree to such a contract (if it were legal), but I bet he would have the best seasons of his career playing under these terms.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 07/24/12 at 03:44 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 01:44 PM ET

I continue to be amazed that more people don’t see it this way.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 03:53 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 07/24/12 at 01:44 PM ET

You are correct, and thank you for pointing that out. It would be nice if all players could be offered the same incentive laden contracts as players returning from severe injuries on short term deals and players over 35. Of course, the deals should be limited to short term, say 2 years. That would get players signed to reasonable base salaries who need to prove themselves if they want the guaranteed bucks. And if they don’t prove themselves the first time, maybe they would take a second chance, or even a third depending on age, thus keeping them with a team for 6 years on 3 contracts with a reasonable base. One can dream…

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 03:58 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 01:44 PM ET

Yours is an interesting idea alright, and this is a great place to post it.  I am amazed no one has inked Semin, a 30 goal scorer every year.  To me that reveals a distrust and a reputation far worse than I imagined.

Maybe it’s taking so long because his agent is a Dick and in no hurry.  Worst case for Semin, he waits and then plays in Russia for $5 M tax free.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/24/12 at 04:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

It wasn’t Semin.
Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 01:44 PM ET

I continue to be amazed that more people don’t see it this way.
Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 01:53 PM ET

I continue to be amazed that some fans think they know players better than other NHL players and GMs.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/24/12 at 04:03 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

I continue to be amazed that more people don’t see it this way.

Imagine if Knuble had been named captain instead of Ovechkin. Without the pressure Ovie would still be bouncing off the glass and doing whatever ridiculous celebration he could come up with next. Meanwhile, with Ovie running on all cylinders, Semin would still be competing with him offensively (that’s his drive, to prove he is better than Ovechkin, I think). Instead, Ovie lost his heart and soul, the team shifted to a defensive style that doesn’t suit its star player, and Semin shifted his game with the team to be better than Ovechkin defensively, for better or worse, because that’s what the team expected of both of them, solid two-way play. Semin wasn’t sitting on the bench when the team had the lead, he was blocking shots. If that’s not heart I don’t know what is.

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 04:04 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

Posted by RWBill from hiding indoors from Virginia heat. on 07/24/12 at 02:00 PM ET

Thank you. It’s why I like to post here. I love a good discussion with smart hockey fans. I commented in another topic that I think the smart hockey fans prefer places like these rather than talk radio, specifically with regard to Valenti and Foster.

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 04:08 PM ET

But, no one can question Holland’s efforts to add an impact player.

Dear Khan,

In short - eff you. Maybe YOU can’t question Kenny’s efforts to add an impact player.

Sure…I mean, if you want to go by the timeline of July 1 - July 10, A+ Ken, you and 20 other GMs in the NHL get a trophy showing how hard you tried.

What sickens me is that Khan doesn’t seem to take into the account the previous 38 months. Sure, any GM can give “effort” when the world is watching for that one week. But, what about during the season? What about when contracts have yet to expire? What about last summer when he knew Stu was done here? What about 18 months ago when he knew he needed to get younger?

Please.

Typical MSM sentence there. “Hey, can’t blame Kenny for trying!!!” Actually, you can. If he had tried harder when the spotlights weren’t on, maybe the Wings wouldn’t find themselves in this mess of having a GM that spends more time polishing his rings than he does trying to look ahead more than 6-9month windows-at-a-time.

Posted by ElCapitan on 07/24/12 at 04:20 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Well, I really mean amazed, as in surprised.  Obviously, the fact that he hasn’t signed lends weight to your views, but it is still speculation.

I continue to be amazed that people talk as though they know the guy.  Parroting Mcguire is never wise.  And we continue to hear that teams have interest - and we know that with Doan and Ryan in the air, Semin still has to wait to hear from teams that may be after those players.  And yet, “insider” fans know that no one will touch him with a ten foot pole.

So…..I continue to be amazed that more people don’t love this guy’s skills and see Washington as a circus team.  I don’t know how hard he works, but I’ve seen him play and he is fvcking incredible.  I didn’t see all their games, but I didn’t notice a malingerer ruining their joke team.  I personally doubt all this shxt about him.  But since I don’t know him, I’m not gonna talk like I do.

Best shot in the league…..that’s not a rumour.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 04:20 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Does anyone else feel like he should actually have to earn this nickname?
He’s fvcking terrible.

What is a monster if not terrible?

In fairness, every dumb personnel move in hockey over the last bit of forever has been done by a GM.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/24/12 at 04:26 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by ElCapitan on 07/24/12 at 02:20 PM ET

So, Kenny is a lazy SOB who doesn’t try hard except during the first 2 weeks of free agency and lacks any foresight beyond 9 months?

Yup, the summary sounds just as ridiculous as the original rant.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 07/24/12 at 04:30 PM ET

but the nickname “Monster” seems appropriate for like Hasek or Rinne.

Well, he had the nickname before he came to the NHL, so I don’t think it’s fair to make him turn it in just because he’s been on a shitty team.

Exactly.

But could the truth be that he’s Washington’s scapegoat?

It could be, but it could also be that he’s a shitty teammate.  While they may not all be true, there’s a reason that people get the reputations they get, and it’s not always xenophobia.

I continue to be amazed that people talk as though they know the guy.

Honestly, how is someone watching his play, watching his production and his droughts, listening to pundits and observing the general lack of interest that 30 teams have in signing the guy any worse than people taking all that in and making up their minds that all of that is not indicative of anything?

Posted by Garth on 07/24/12 at 04:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/24/12 at 02:26 PM ET

Amen. These guys are just guys. They were fortunate enough to have played the game longer and at a higher level than all of us here, and fortunate to continue working in the game after their playing careers ended. But that doesn’t mean they are immune from bone-headed mistakes. C-Bus got hosed because its GM completely mishandled unloading Nash.

Personally, I think gramps would be a better GM (in terms of player personnel decisions) than half of the current NHL GMs. But what do I know, I’m just a fan.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 07/24/12 at 04:38 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

That Mike Stone article was apparently published with 0 proofreading and a broken spellchecker (he also misspelled “Weber” which just shows a lack of familiarity with the situation).  And, yes, I know I make grammatical and spelling mistakes frequently, but I’m not being published by a CBS affiliate either.  What a half-assed job.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 07/24/12 at 04:49 PM ET

Bradley97's avatar

C-Bus got hosed because its GM completely mishandled unloading Nash.

I’d love to know what Holland offered that went nowhere because of all the teams in the division Detroit is bad guy #1. I have a feeling it was a deal that would have put Columbus in a much better position than they appear to be right now. I’ve been paying close attention to Dubinsky because he had some good runs for fantasy hockey, but no consistency when he had a the chance to play with good players. He’s still young, and still looking to breakout like Filppula did last season (better at LW than C, who knew- oh wait, I did when he produced more each of the previous two seasons in short stints on Pav’s LW). But I have a feeling the Wings offered a far better package than NYR.

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 04:59 PM ET

awould's avatar

I am firmly in the pro-Semin camp. I wouldn’t sign the guy to a 10 year deal though. Most I’d be comfortable with is 4-years but only at a discount. 2-3 years is ok. His upside is huge.

I also agree that Semin ain’t what ails Washington. I think his struggles are a symptom of the problem there, whatever it is. He’s just not integral enough to that roster to cause such turmoil. I’d posit that maybe there is a huge superstar who prefers vodka to exercise in the off-season and doesn’t like to be a team player, much less a leader. Maybe that guy is the problem.

Posted by awould on 07/24/12 at 05:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I, for one, would not be disappointed if Detroit signed Sykora.  Also a Colaiacovo (so I can call him Rocky), Hannan, Rozival or Kubina will fit it nicely for the right price.  OH LOOK!... The sky isn’t falling… whew.

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 06:36 PM ET

In regards to Semin, can a long term contract be offered with a “team” option after two or three years? The idea is that a player with this type of contract has to produce right away because there is something on the line that can negate the rest of his contract. I’m sure if I were a player of questionable work habits I wouldn’t sign that contract.

I think the NFL does something similar to this when it comes to injuries, but I’m not sure how that works.

Posted by howeandhowe from seattle on 07/24/12 at 06:54 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

The sky isn’t falling… whew.

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 04:36 PM ET

Jesus christ.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/24/12 at 07:18 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Touche.  It is indicative of a reputation.  In which there will be some truth, but how many player have we seen earn and then shed a bum rep?  I thinking Jeff Carter, Dustin Penner…...not, in my view, something to be certain about.  Especially with a 1 team career.

Well, I am sure Luca Caputi is called “the Sniper” down on the farm, but…...

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 08:57 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

oops.  middle bit is supposed to be plain text.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 07/24/12 at 09:04 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

LOOK!...The sky isn’t falling… whew.
Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 04:36 PM ET
Jesus christ.
Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/24/12 at 05:18 PM ET

HTO, have your sarcasm detector checked. I won’t pretend to speak for Cal, but methinks he was poking fun at the Chicken Littles (like me) who think the Wings are in trouble next season.

With a name like HTOverhaul, I would think you would be in favor of the Wings missing the playoffs to get access to higher draft picks.

Me, having looked at who’s available in the 2013 draft, I’m OK with the Wings having a stinker of a season; though with the Nash trade, it will difficult to beat C-Bus in a race to the bottom, as Monkey noted over on A2Y.

All work ethic and no talent does not win the Cup. You need both. In a salary cap league, you either draft talent, or sign it as a FA. Fewer talented UFAs are hitting the market because teams are locking them up with long-term deals. So that leaves the draft. Trades? They’re great for 3rd/4th line forwards and 3rd pair D-men, but that’s it.

So in a salary cap world, I’m OK with sucking three years out of every ten in order to draft good talent. Three years to develop it and a four year window to win.

Platoon Howie this season to ease the wear and tear. Play all those young kids on D that Gramps keeps telling us that they just need to play in the NHL to get experienced.

I don’t think that means the sky is falling, I just think its the new path to winning the Cup in the salary cap era.

2012 Kings: missed playoffs 05/06-08/09; 2 1st rd eliminations

2011 Bruins: missed playoffs 05/06-06/07;1 1st rd & 2 2nd rd eliminations

2010 Chickenhawks: missed playoffs 05/06-07/08; 3rd elimination

2009 Pens: missed playoffs 01/02-05/06; 1st rd & cup final elminations

I’m no bandwaggoner. I’ll root for the Wings no matter how good or bad. A couple of bad yearsmight just give them a chance to contend again.

The only thing that would make me walk away is if they continue to goon it up with more players like Tootoo. If Doanbag signs with the Wings, my Wings gear is going in the attic until the goon era is over. The Wings had players in the past that played rough, but not that played dirty and got suspensions like Tootoo and Doanbag. (I’m talking about the past twenty years, not way back when it was a different game, but back then, though there was more fighting there was more respect among the players. The instigator rule is the root of all evil.)

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 07/24/12 at 09:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ha hahahahaha what a bunch of Nerds.  We’re just Red Wings fans.

Most any idea can be tossed in the ring here.  People can criticize anything thrown in here, and do,  there’s only one person around here who first responds by calling someone names if you disagree with him.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/24/12 at 09:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

(Nash)

I’d love to know what Holland offered

Posted by Bradley97 on 07/24/12 at 02:59 PM ET

I kind of do also, if I could be the only one in the world.  If that information got public it could rip apart a locker room know for its cohesiveness and team first tradition.  It is obvious Columbus just was not going to let Detroit get Nash, no how no way.  I don’t know the players the Rangers gave up, but it’s not like Columbus drove a hard bargain.  They grew tired of this hanging around their neck I think, and didn’t want to head into the season with Nash unresolved.

Central Division, maybe the toughest last season - now departed - Lidstrom, Suter, Nash.

But Weber returns to Nashville, they had to match that offer.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/24/12 at 09:44 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How long before Shea Weber demands to be traded to Philadelphia?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 07/24/12 at 10:17 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Holy shit, someone reads the crap I post?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 07/24/12 at 10:25 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RWBill from hiding indoors from Virginia heat. on 07/24/12 at 07:37 PM ET

The sky isn’t falling… whew.

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 04:36 PM ET

Jesus christ.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/24/12 at 05:18 PM ET

You said it, I didn’t.  Although the resemblance is amazing. LOL

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 10:31 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I keep forgetting some people aren’t used to my brand of humor around here.

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 10:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I keep forgetting some people aren’t used to my brand of humor around here.

Posted by calquake on 07/24/12 at 08:33 PM ET

“Branded”

“Branded, scorned as the one who ran. What do you do when you’re branded, and you know you’re a man? / He was innocent . . . not a charge was true . . . but the world will never know.  tongue wink

Starring-Chuck Connor as Quake.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!! In ‘13