The Malik Report

Red Wings make a ‘Frk’ decision, sign Martin Frk to a 3-year entry-level contract

Well that was fast, per the Red Wings’ Twitter account:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Guess they liked what they saw in the Development Camp.  Good to see more new blood coming in.

Posted by Karen from Cleveland, OH on 07/31/12 at 01:49 PM ET

Ducksworth's avatar

Now get Jurco signed

Posted by Ducksworth from Brownstown, MI on 07/31/12 at 01:55 PM ET

Good deal.  Sure gotta make Jiri Fischer real happy.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/31/12 at 01:59 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Frk Ya!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 07/31/12 at 02:07 PM ET

Does that have any impact on where he plays next year?

Posted by RyanVM from Philly on 07/31/12 at 02:49 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I would imagine they’ll want him in the AHL to give him the chance to get 2 seasons if he needs a second.

Jurco issue will get resolved soon enough but it’s not for lack of either party wanting to, transfer agreements.

The idea of Tvrdon Frk and Jurco 2 or 3 years from now.. hopefully they follow their projections, there’s A LOT of talent tied up in those 2 slovaks and a chzec… That’d be a lot of firepower and size.. I’m getting gitty thinking about it.  With another line of Pulkkanen and Jarnkrok on it.. we’ll still have Pav and Z… Gonna be a pretty sic group of forwards in a few years, sic…

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/31/12 at 08:25 PM ET