The Malik Report

Red Wings add Paul Coffey, Mathieu Dandenault and Martin Lapointe to Winter Classic Alumni Showdown

Via RedWingsFeed’s mysteriously brilliant search engine robots, the Red Wings’ website posted a 13-image photo gallery whose captions read as follows:

Photo 1 of 13 - Coffey, Dandenault and Lapointe added 2012 Alumni Showdown roster.

Detroit has added defensemen Paul Coffey and Mathieu Dandenault as well as forward Martin Lapointe; all three players were members of the Red Wings during the team’s record-setting campaign of 1995-96. (Getty Images)

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Primis's avatar

Lapointe?  Dandy?  Seriously?

I did not care for Coffey but he’s an actual Legend.  Lapointe and Dandenault though…. criminy if Dandy’s in, can Derek Meech be far off?

Or Anders Eriksson, Maxim Kustnetsov, and Dmitri Bykov?  Oy…

Posted by Primis on 08/08/12 at 05:34 PM ET

Cal's avatar

I have been hoping for some of the guys who played when it wasn’t so good.  Mick’s cronies.  They deserve some cheers.  Nick Libbett.  Reed Larson. Polonich.  Danny Grant.  Shoot, I hear Henry Boucha is “selling insurance” in northern MN.

Posted by Cal on 08/08/12 at 05:54 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

Where’s Dale McCourt these days?

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 08/08/12 at 07:48 PM ET

PAUL WOODS!!!

Posted by PuckMucker from Detroit on 08/08/12 at 08:07 PM ET

I’ll add Bryan “Bugsy” Waston, Marcel Dionne, Jimmy Rutherford, Vaclav Nedomansky (and if Bruce Martyn’s in decent health, to call that name), Steve Chaisson, and Gerard Gallant.

Posted by Bugsy on 08/08/12 at 09:20 PM ET

My memory’s shot. Did Brian Rafalski have a retirement ceremony at a game? He’d be another person for the game.

Posted by Bugsy on 08/08/12 at 10:09 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

PAUL WOODS!!!

Posted by PuckMucker from Detroit on 08/08/12 at 07:07 PM ET

is that the same color guy with Ken Cal? With uh the uh crappy uh commentary uh?

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 08/08/12 at 10:40 PM ET

uh, yes..uh, that, uh…very same, uh…PAUL…uh…WOODS…uh.
listening to him is a drinking game for me, every time he says ...uhh… DRINK!
i get sloshed.

but he was a hard working player, who hustled every shift for some pretty bad Red Wings teams.

Posted by Bugsy on 08/08/12 at 08:20 PM ET

Nedomansky would be great to see, but sorry Bugsy, Steve Chaisson is dead.

Posted by PuckMucker from Detroit on 08/08/12 at 11:37 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Reed Larson.

Now that is a fvckin bad boy.

I want Ciccarelli.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 08/08/12 at 11:51 PM ET

Chaisson’s dead—alzheimer’s, here we come—you’re right. Sorry.

Posted by Bugsy on 08/08/12 at 11:56 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 08/08/12 at 10:51 PM

+22

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/09/12 at 02:46 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

He was my first favorite Wing

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/09/12 at 02:47 AM ET