The Malik Report
by George Malik on 03/04/13 at 03:19 PM ET
From the Red Wings' PR department:
FANS ASKED TO WEAR PINK TUESDAY FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS NIGHT PRESENTED BY TEAM REHAB
… Fans who Wear Pink to Tuesday’s Game can Enter to Win 2012-13 Team-Signed Jersey …
Detroit, MI… Fans are asked to wear pink this Tuesday, Mar. 5, for Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by Team Rehab when the Wings take on the Colorado Avalanche at Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 p.m.
Any fan who wears pink to the game can enter to win a 2012-13 team-signed jersey by picking up a numbered ticket on the concourse behind Section 126.
When doors open at 6:00 p.m., the Joe Louis Arena concourse will be home to a variety of activities, including a silent auction, mystery puck draw, 50/50 raffle and a special sale of soccer-style scarves with all proceeds benefiting the Karmanos Cancer Institute (Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center in Farmington Hills) and St. John Providence Health System (Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe).The funds raised will help alleviate the costs of breast cancer screening and treatment for uninsured and underinsured women in the Metro Detroit area.
BCA Night activities include:
- For $25, fans can purchase an autographed hockey puck by going to the concourse behind Section 126, but they won’t know which player signed the puck until after making their purchase. The fan who unwraps the puck signed in gold by Jimmy Howard will meet him after the game.
- Forty-two unique autographed memorabilia items will be auctioned off behind Section 126, including the players’ sticks wrapped in pink hockey tape that were used during the pregame warm-ups.
- Fans can also help the Red Wings provide encouragement to breast cancer patients currently receiving treatment by signing a banner that has already been signed by the team and writing a message of support behind Section 112 on the concourse. The banner will be presented at the Karmanos Cancer Institute downtown for display in their facility.
- Fans can purchase black and pink soccer-styled scarves for $15 (cash and check only) behind Section 112 on the concourse.
- Fans coming to the game that night will receive a special Red Wings breast cancer awareness ribbon pin courtesy of Team Rehab upon entering the arena.
- The Red Wings will honor those affected by breast cancer by hosting 20 patients and survivors in suite 74 and they will all receive a special gift bag with Red Wings items enclosed.
- Captain Henrik Zetterberg will host four breast cancer patients and survivors along with their families in the Zetterberg Foundation Suite.
- A portion of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation’s 50/50 raffle on Friday will benefit the Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe. Volunteers from the medical center will be on hand to sell raffle tickets – 3 tickets for $5 – to raise money for the cause.
About Team Rehabilitation:
Team Rehabilitation is a network of therapist owned outpatient clinics. There are 26 locations throughout Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties. Team Rehab provides physical therapy, aqua therapy and occupational medicine and specializes in treatment of the neck, back, shoulder and knee. For more information, please call (586) 416-9100 or visit http://www.team-rehab.com
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Malik Report
The Malik Report is a destination for all things Red Wings-related. I offer biased, perhaps unprofessional-at-times and verbose coverage of my favorite team, their prospects and developmental affiliates. I've joined the Kukla's Korner family with five years of blogging under my belt, and I hope you'll find almost everything you need to follow your Red Wings at a place where all opinions are created equal and we're all friends, talking about hockey and the team we love to follow.