The Malik Report

Red Wings waive Lashoff, Tangradi, Frk, Jensen, Callahan

From TVA Sports' Renaud Lavoie:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

So who wants Ferraro back? Anyone?

I imagine they all clear

Posted by neffernin on 10/08/16 at 11:47 AM ET

Bugsy's avatar

So it was Pulkkien over Frk in the end?

Posted by Bugsy on 10/08/16 at 12:12 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I would not be surprised to see Tampa maybe grab Frk to play with Drouin again if they have room. I would have waived Pulky instead.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/08/16 at 12:14 PM ET

DocF's avatar

Sound like the right bunch to me.  Frk is much, much better than he was last year at this time.  If he continues to improve, he might be a call up or earn a promotion next season.  My suspicion is, though, he is a career AHL player as is Callahan.Jensen, Lashoff, the same deal.  Tangradi is, based on seeing him play several games several years ago, is a waste of a roster spot anywhere.  He is a limited player who does show some abrasive qualities.

Anyway, the roster for the start of the season is close to complete.  I expect AA to be up on the big team.  I like the 8 defensemen idea until we find out what Kronwall can or cannot do.  Perhaps the best that could happen with him would be LTIR for the rest of his contract?

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/08/16 at 12:14 PM ET

DocF's avatar

I still expect Pulkinen to be waived before the season starts.  Either Mantha or Little Bert could be up in his stead.

Doc now celebrating 70 years as a Red Wings fan.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/08/16 at 12:16 PM ET

SnarkinLarkin's avatar

Now is the time to waive players and hope the slip through waiver wave. Still on the bubble - Sproul? I didn’t see if he was sent down yet. Oullette as well. Marchenko should be in. I could see Frk getting picked up by Colorado to reunite with Nate Mckinnon.

Posted by SnarkinLarkin on 10/08/16 at 12:17 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I could see Frk getting picked up by Colorado to reunite with Nate Mckinnon.

I couldn’t remember who Frk’s other line mate was.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/08/16 at 12:20 PM ET

SnarkinLarkin's avatar

I thought Frk looked real good in his last game. That shot he scored from a pass in his feet was a thing of beauty. He has size over Pulk. They are basically the same player otherwise. My guess is that they thought Frk had a better chance of clearing based on NHL experience (or lack thereof).

Posted by SnarkinLarkin on 10/08/16 at 12:23 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I am more into the GR team right now than I am the RedWings.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/08/16 at 12:24 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

I didn’t get a chance to see the Game last night. I read the comments from the game and I got the impression that Glendening was on the ice for a PP? is there any truth to that or did I get the wrong impression?

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/08/16 at 12:27 PM ET

The Meal's avatar

Frk is the one that stands out to me as well.  Hope he clears.

Posted by The Meal from Longmont, CO on 10/08/16 at 12:38 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Doc now celebrating 70 years as a Red Wings fan.

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 10/08/16 at 01:16 PM ET

Best wishes to you DocF! And here’s to 70 more years! We will be bionic fans. tongue wink

Agree on Pulkinen. T-Bert has impressed. Mantha too.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 10/08/16 at 12:40 PM ET

—-So it was Pulkkien over Frk in the end?
——Tie goes to the veteran.

Posted by VPalmer on 10/08/16 at 01:28 PM ET

SnarkinLarkin's avatar

Lil’ Bert sent down.

Posted by SnarkinLarkin on 10/08/16 at 01:56 PM ET

Glendening was on the ice for a PP?

What, you don’t want the top line centre on the PP? raspberry

Posted by Garth on 10/08/16 at 04:20 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

What, you don’t want the top line centre on the PP? raspberry

That’s just it… you would think he would have to earn it by scoring more during 5 on 5.

so he was or wasn’t?

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 10/08/16 at 05:36 PM ET