The Malik Report
by George Malik on 03/01/13 at 03:32 PM ET
From the Red Wings' community relations department:
RED WINGS PINK THE RINK FOR SIXTH ANNUAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS NIGHT PRESENTED BY TEAM REHAB
… Fans Encouraged to Wear Pink on Mar. 5 for Chance to win Team-Signed Jersey …
Detroit, MI… The Detroit Red Wings will host their sixth annual Breast Cancer Awareness Night presented by Team Rehab on Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Colorado Avalanche visit Joe Louis Arena at 7:30 p.m.
When doors open at 6:00 p.m., the Joe Louis Arena concourse will be home to a variety of activities, including a silent auction, mystery puck draw, 50/50 raffle and a special sale of soccer-style scarves with all proceeds benefiting the Karmanos Cancer Institute (Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center in Farmington Hills) and St. John Providence Health System (Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe).The funds raised will help alleviate the costs of breast cancer screening and treatment for uninsured and underinsured women in the Metro Detroit area.
Fans who wear pink to the game will be entered to win a 2012-13 team-signed jersey by picking up a raffle ticket on the concourse behind Section 126. There, fans can also participate in the puck draw or bid on one of 42 unique items at the silent auction.
Six of the players’ significant others will be selling pucks as part of the mystery puck draw when doors open. For $25, fans will have a chance to draw from an assortment of 300 hockey pucks signed by members of the 2012-13 team. Each puck has been signed by a Red Wings player and packaged in a black box to conceal the autograph.
The fan who opens the box with a puck signed in gold by Jimmy Howard will meet the Red Wings starting goaltender after the game, while the fan who opens the box with a puck signed in silver by Howard will receive a one-of-a-kind autographed and framed 8” x 10” photo of the goaltender using a stick with pink hockey tape at the 2011 BCA Night.
Players will wrap their sticks with pink hockey tape for use during the pregame warm-ups on Tuesday. These items will then be autographed as the players exit the ice and auctioned off on the concourse. In addition to the sticks, other unique autographed game-used memorabilia and experiential packages available at the concourse auction include:
- Framed piece with three 8” x 10” photos signed by Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and former captain Nicklas Lidstrom
- Four lower bowl tickets to a 2013 Detroit Tigers game with opportunity to watch batting practice from the field and meet a Tigers coach or player
- Opportunityto visit the FSD/Red Wings broadcast booth pre-game with Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond along with a visit the FSD production truck
- Mojo in the Morning backstage pass for four people
- Autographed, used Nicklas Lidstrom skates and stick
- 2012-13 team-signed Jimmy Howard goalie stick
Other BCA Night activities include:
- Fans coming to the game that night will receive a special Red Wings breast cancer awareness ribbon pin courtesy of Team Rehab upon entering the arena.
- Fans can also help the Red Wings provide encouragement to breast cancer patients currently receiving treatment by signing a banner that has already been signed by the team and writing a message of support behind Section 112 on the concourse. The banner will be presented at the Karmanos Cancer Institute downtown for display in their facility.
- Fans can purchase black and pink soccer-styled scarves for $15 (cash and check only) behind Section 112 on the concourse.
- The Red Wings will honor those affected by breast cancer by hosting 20 patients and survivors in suite 74 and they will all receive a special gift bag with Red Wings and breast cancer awareness items enclosed.
- Captain Henrik Zetterberg will host four breast cancer patients and survivors along with their families in the Zetterberg Foundation Suite.
- A portion of the Detroit Red Wings Foundation’s 50/50 raffle on Friday will benefit the St. John Hospital’s Liggett Breast Center in Grosse Pointe. Volunteers from the medical center will be on hand to sell raffle tickets – 3 tickets for $5 – to raise money for the cause.
About Team Rehabilitation:
Team Rehabilitation is a network of therapist owned outpatient clinics. There are 26 locations throughout Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties. Team Rehab provides physical therapy, aqua therapy and occupational medicine and specializes in treatment of the neck, back, shoulder and knee. For more information, please call (586) 416-9100 or visit http://www.team-rehab.com.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Malik Report
The Malik Report is a destination for all things Red Wings-related. I offer biased, perhaps unprofessional-at-times and verbose coverage of my favorite team, their prospects and developmental affiliates. I've joined the Kukla's Korner family with five years of blogging under my belt, and I hope you'll find almost everything you need to follow your Red Wings at a place where all opinions are created equal and we're all friends, talking about hockey and the team we love to follow.