The Malik Report

Red Wings Thursday practice post in progress: no changes on the injury front

The Detroit Red Wings are back on the ice at Joe Louis Arena, hoping to rebound from a 4-3 OT loss to St. Louis despite facing a very, very tough task on Friday in battling the 9-2-and-1 Anaheim Ducks, who haven't played since defeating the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout on Tuesday. I'm going to be out of the office from about 12:30-2, so if there's big breaking injury news, Paul will fill in, but thus far, it sounds like more of the same at the Joe in terms of injury issues:

I've preached patience galore regarding Wings fans' near-foaming-at-the-mouth-declarations that the team must, must, must recall Gustav Nyquist, but it's worth noting that the Grand Rapids Griffins called up Andrej Nestrasil from Toledo today...

At least this news is smile-worthy:

Hmmm...

Okey dokey, I've got to scoot. If anything happens, Paul will let you know.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

SK77's avatar

The first five embedded tweets basically say the exact same thing.

“Franzen, Bertuzzi, Helm, not skating. Samuelsson skating.”

If you’re going to insist on embedding tweets – despite a lot of people asking for them to be dropped – in cases like this can you just at least just pick one and leave it at that?

Posted by SK77 on 02/14/13 at 01:44 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Khan tweets…

Babcock said Franzen (hip flexor) not playing tomorrow. Said these injuries usually linger for 10 days. Samuelsson not in tomm. But closer

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/14/13 at 02:25 PM ET

It took me .05 secods to scroll through the tweets. Can we go back to bitching about Cleary?

Posted by lancer on 02/14/13 at 02:35 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by lancer on 02/14/13 at 01:35 PM ET

It’s the amount of time they take to load, not the content or how easy it is to scroll past them.  I don’t bitch most times because it’s not an issue most times.  Checking it on my phone on a smoke break though and a quarter of the time is spent loading the page, and everytime you scroll down while it’s loading it keeps popping you back up to the top and eventually you just have to sit and wait for the fuching thing to load.  So your irritation perculates and then when you see it’s because of 6 tweets all saying the exact same thing… I’ve stopped checking the site on my phone unless I’m just reading headlines since it’s mostly TMR I read here.

But I’m happy for how fast you can use your scroll button.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/14/13 at 02:44 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Has anyone tweeted about how terrible Cleary has been playing?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/14/13 at 03:00 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I am stunned at how terrible Cleary is now.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/14/13 at 03:19 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

From Gamecock country: Cleary sucks. Banish him to the pressbox until until he can work things out or sigh waivers. It’s sad after the injury he played through last year. But several offensive zone penalties and 1 goal to show for all the setups from Pavs and Z. The only goal was 3 whacks at point blank range with very poor d coverage. My soon to be 87 year old mother could have scored that one.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/14/13 at 03:33 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Hah, thanks Paul. I’ll give the Twitter stuff a rest as it’s obvious I’m in the minority here.

Posted by SK77 on 02/14/13 at 03:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No problem some kid, believe me I have had a few people discuss the twitter embeds with me. Personally I liked the way I used to do it, copy the tweet then point to the tweeter, but this is supposedly the way to go now, meaning the embed part and it is much quicker to post.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/14/13 at 04:46 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Cleary doesn’t even have a modicum of NHL-caliber skill now. He seriously looks like an average high school hockey player out there: no skills, just bang the puck in a general direction and hope for the best. And then on the PK he goes deep in the offensive zone when it was absolutely unnecessary. Totally takes himself out of any defensive possibilities as the play breaks the other direction.

Thanks for the great years, Danny, but it is time to go.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 02/14/13 at 05:48 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Neither Paul or I are fans of the embedded Tweets—yes, they take a while to load—and I will try to be a little more selective.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 02/15/13 at 01:55 AM ET