The Malik Report

Red Wings swap 18th pick to San Jose for picks 20, 58

Hmmm...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Figaro's avatar

Nobody we really wanted or confident the guy we’d take would still be there?

But hey, extra pick today.  Thanks, Kenny.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 03:55 PM ET

perfection's avatar

i love these moves… in a deep draft more than ever. can’t wait to track that 58th pick over the next few years.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 06/30/13 at 03:55 PM ET

Brilliant!  Wings could have had

Gautheir, Mueller, or Mantha now they still get at least one of them…

AND #58 too.

I’m thinking Mantha.

Posted by zombietroy on 06/30/13 at 03:56 PM ET

I like this move just fine.

Posted by godblender on 06/30/13 at 03:57 PM ET

This sounds like a great move, especially given how deep this draft is supposed to be.

Posted by Benny on 06/30/13 at 03:57 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 06/30/13 at 04:55 PM ET

I can’t wait for George to do all the tracking for us! smile  Thanks, George!  Have a Gatorade now and then today so you don’t get worn out!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 03:58 PM ET

Next years draft is expected to be better…hope KH trades a 3rd for a 2nd next year, or similar…

Posted by zombietroy on 06/30/13 at 04:00 PM ET

Did I call that?

Posted by zombietroy on 06/30/13 at 04:06 PM ET

Mantha

Posted by Benny on 06/30/13 at 04:07 PM ET

A 6’4” 50 goal scorer in Jr.  Man I hope this kid pans out.

Posted by zombietroy on 06/30/13 at 04:08 PM ET

perfection's avatar

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock…

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 06/30/13 at 04:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thought they’d take him, but must get more competitive, if those evaluations are correct.  Don’t need perimeter player.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/30/13 at 04:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Quite the move by Ken again.  Sharks must have really wanted that player available at 18 to move up just 2 spots and give up 2d round too.  Detroit still got one of the players on their radar.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/30/13 at 04:12 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

His grandfather is four-time Stanley Cup champion Andre Pronovost—he played 556 games for Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Minnesota between the 1956-57 and 1967-68 seasons.

And thanks to the current hailstorm, my NHL network/Satellite is dead so I couldn’t see the pick.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 04:13 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 05:13 PM ET

I think TSN is streaming the draft, not sure if you can get it in the states though

Posted by Hootinani on 06/30/13 at 04:15 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

Welcome to the Organ-I-Zation Mantha.  Your competitiveness will be whipped in to shape in no time in our system!

Snipe snipe Baby!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!! grin

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 06/30/13 at 04:16 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

Live stream working, I’ve heard…

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 06/30/13 at 04:17 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

It’s back now.  It came back with my innerwebs.  Thunder close, might get some more soon.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 04:31 PM ET

Puppies and Hookers's avatar

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 05:31 PM ET

Hi from another Wing fan from Los Alamos.  Crossing my fingers for no Cerro Grande repeat this summer.

Cheers and LGRW! cool smile

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 06/30/13 at 04:55 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 05:31 PM ET

Cheers and LGRW! cool smile

Posted by Puppies and Hookers from La la land on 06/30/13 at 05:55 PM ET

Hey!  We should get a beer sometime!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 06/30/13 at 05:01 PM ET