The Malik Report

Red Wings Preview From Puck Daddy

from Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy,

The Detroit Red Wings will be in the top four in the Atlantic Division, battling the Boston Bruins for the top spot. Finally, a geographically friendly schedule for the veteran team – let’s see what the Winged Wheel is able to accomplish in the East. And remember: The better the Wings do, the more we'll have to hear about how they're the heart and soul of a city in despair, trying to lift up Detroit with their championship aspirations. Act accordingly.

you can read more as Wyshynski assigns certain 'medal' factors to players, etc...

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Down River Dan's avatar

Puck daddy with another shameless attempt at driving web traffic to yahoo from wings fans no doubt. People, be smarter than than that. There are far better sources for real hockey news.

Posted by Down River Dan on 09/10/13 at 06:28 PM ET

awould's avatar

The Wings success lifts up the City of Detroit and somehow that’s up to be mocked, yet the world has to hear about the fictional “Canada’s team” every time any one of their teams makes it to a Conference Finals round.

Posted by awould on 09/10/13 at 07:14 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Don’t click on it.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/10/13 at 07:17 PM ET

peiz11's avatar

I was pleasantly surprised that Wysh didn’t go ahead and bash the Wings too much. It’s rare that he is nice to them. I don’t mind Puck Daddy in general but when it comes to the Wings Wysh is beyond biased.

I also don’t mind his comment about uplifting Detroit tbh, I’m a fan and from the area and I still get sick of that crap. It’s a hockey team, sorry but those stories just dramatize something that, in the end, is entertainment. It ends up taking over my life but it isn’t saving people from poverty let’s not make it out to be something it isn’t.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 09/11/13 at 12:27 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Lifting up Detroit? Isn’t that what tectonic processes are for?

But seriously I thought only the Tigers could save the city.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 09/11/13 at 06:33 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

Yeah, I was quite shocked that it wasn’t rife with back-handed compliments and little digs.  Sure, he picked a Kronwalling over Datsyuk’s end-to-end for POTY and had that weird little end paragraph telling the world that Detroit has nothing to live for, apparently, but all in all, fairly straight-forward.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 09/11/13 at 08:22 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Don’t click on it.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 09/10/13 at 08:17 PM ET

I never do.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 09/11/13 at 09:28 AM ET

@TheJimP19's avatar

He’s a legend in his own mind, just ask him…..

Posted by @TheJimP19 from transplanted in Nashville on 09/11/13 at 10:24 AM ET

ws;dr

“wysh sucks; didn’t read”

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 09/11/13 at 12:37 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

The better the Wings do, the more we’ll have to hear about how they’re the heart and soul of a city in despair, trying to lift up Detroit with their championship aspirations.

No matter how big a douche he is, he is not trolling; it’s true… this one of the sports media main filler side-stories in every piece they write. The sports media is doing it for the Tigers in baseball. I don’t watch American football, but they are probably beating that drum for the Lions too. Wysh is only stating what is normally understood to be true but is normally left un-said.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 09/11/13 at 12:43 PM ET