The Malik Report

Red Wings’ Ken Holland, Henrik Zetterberg weigh in on the art of Kronwalling

TSN posted quite the feature on Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall's status as a cult hero and then some in Detroit, and perhaps as a villain in other cities, and HockeyWebCaster uploaded it to YouTube:

And yes, Kronwall insists that he's trying to keep things as clean as he can while leading the Wings' defense and trying to keep the physical edge to his game while playing anywhere between 22-27 minutes a night.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Oh c’mon, Kronner.  Nothing to be shy about.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/19/13 at 05:03 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

“Kronner reminds me a lot of Konstantinov”

I’ll take that.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 05/19/13 at 05:13 PM ET

Sweet Jesus's avatar

“Kronner reminds me a lot of Konstantinov”

I’ll take that.

All day, every day, into the night.

Posted by Sweet Jesus on 05/19/13 at 05:16 PM ET

DontCry4MeJanHrdina's avatar

That was awesome! Thanks alot for the video!

Posted by DontCry4MeJanHrdina from Los Angeles on 05/19/13 at 05:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

love it!

“Hockey” at it’s best.

It is often said, ‘Keep your heads up, boys.’

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/19/13 at 05:19 PM ET

“Kronner reminds me a lot of Konstantinov”

I’ll take that.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 05/19/13 at 05:13 PM ET

It’s a beautiful thing.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/19/13 at 05:21 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Love the feature. The Konstantinov remark is a pretty high compliment, too—a compliment Kronwall is deserving of.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 05/19/13 at 06:26 PM ET

You Got Kronwall’d.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/19/13 at 07:04 PM ET

More from HockeyWebCaster:  TSN’s Top Ten Kronwall Hits uploaded in February of 2012.  It’s still fun to watch.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/19/13 at 07:10 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

“this is a clean hit, a thing of beauty.  if you don’t like it, change the channel.”

+19

I like this video better…

you can hear the chant better, but what I really like about it is the moment when Kronwall is all alone in the center of our zone, with the puck, and up comes the roar.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/19/13 at 09:15 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

there are a couple of those where I think Kronner would get suspened in today’s NHL.  it’s not really his fault when the opposing player is hunched over and goes into him face first…but I’m sure Shanihanigans and the crew wouldn’t care.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/19/13 at 09:21 PM ET