The Malik Report
by George Malik on 09/23/12 at 03:22 PM ET
I'm about to engage in a significant amount of paraphrasing due to foreign-language fun:
On Sunday afternoon, CSKA Moscow held a joint press conference to formally introduce Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk and Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov as members of the team. CSKA's website posted a photo gallery from the event, a 13:27 YouTube clip (in Russian) of the Q and A Datsyuk, Bryzgalov and CSKA Moscow GM Sergei Fedorov held with the Russian media, and both a formal press release and a, "Thank you, sponsors" quip from Fedorov. CSKA also announced that Datsyuk will make his 2012-2013 season debut on Monday against Avangard Omsk.
Sovetsky Sport's Pavel Lysenkov posted several pictures from the event via Twitter...
And in a brief summation of the media's takes from Datsyuk's presser:
- Sovetsky Sport's C. Galkevich posted a picture from the presser, took note of Fedorov's comments and confirmed that Datsyuk would make his debut on Monday;
- Dmitry Tsapin took note of the previously-mentioned Q and A Datsyuk held with CSKA's website;
- Sportbox's Dinara Kafinska confirmed that Datsyuk will wear #13;
- Sport-Express's Alexander Rogul also confirmed the numbers game (Bryzgalov will wear #30), noted that Datsyuk stated that he's not in 100% game-ready shape yet, and noted that Bryzgalov will not play on Monday. Sport-Express also noted that CSKA's long climb back to the top of the KHL will take a while as their attendance is still not very good;
- Sportbox.ru also took note of Fedorov's comments regarding CSKA's attendance;
- Championat noted that Datsyuk had anticipated the lockout, chose to remain in Russia as a result, and is happy to play for CSKA's fans;
- R-Sport noted that Datsyuk had hoped to play for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, his hometown team, they noted that Datsyuk will make his debut tomorrow and quoted Fedorov as stating that Datsyuk was given another player's number--that of Roman Lyubimov--with Lyubimov's consent.
If you're interested, their YouTube account posted a Q and A with Filppula in Finnish...
And in terms of media reports...
- Iltahleti notes that Filppula had to work out insurance issues before joining Jokerit, that Filppula's excited about playing with his brother, and that Filppula suggested that he may try to convince Niklas Kronwall to join him in Finland;
- Filppula told Helsingin Sanomat that Jokerit was the favorite, by a wide margin, in terms of snagging his rights, and that he's also very concerned about sustaining any sort of injury as he knows that could affect his NHL career;
- Ilta Sanomat noted that Filppula does indeed plan on taking a leadership role with Jokerit, and Eetu Ampuja noted that Filppula is excited about playing on the same line with his brother for the first time in ages while posting a picture of Filppula taking part in his first practice;
- MTV3 posted a Microsoft Silverlight-formatted video interview with Filppula;
- And Yle's Ilkka Palomaki noted that Filppula's comment about Kronwall was made tongue-in-cheek, that Filppula will make his debut on Tuesday when Jokerit plays SaiPa, and that Filppula doesn't expect to face an easy task in both fitting in with a younger Jokerit team and dealing with the pressure that is playing for a powerhouse team.
Elsewhere in Europe, per RedWingsFeed:
And in the Czech Republic, per Red Wings Prospects:
HC Pardubice's website posted a recap of HC Pardubice's 3-2 loss to HC Pardubice; Hockej.cz posted a box score from the game; Sportovni Noviny, Lidovky and Tyden posted capsule recaps, and Sport.cz posted a box score.
And back over on this side of the pond, the Wings offered a pair of Tweets:
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About The Malik Report
The Malik Report is a destination for all things Red Wings-related. I offer biased, perhaps unprofessional-at-times and verbose coverage of my favorite team, their prospects and developmental affiliates. I've joined the Kukla's Korner family with five years of blogging under my belt, and I hope you'll find almost everything you need to follow your Red Wings at a place where all opinions are created equal and we're all friends, talking about hockey and the team we love to follow.