The Malik Report

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock discusses Wings’ evolution on the Fan 590

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock spoke to The Fan 590's Hockeycentral at Noon crew prior to speaking to the media after today's Red Wings practice, and while Babcock repeated some of his talking points to the Wings' press corps, he didn't go into as much detail regarding the team's prospects and evolution of the team's rookies at his presser as he did during his 11:40 interview with The Fan (beware: an auto-play clip follows the jump):

And if you'd prefer to download and listen to the audio clip, you may do so:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

MOWingsfan19's avatar

“Out there havin’ fun and bein’ greasy”.
Love it.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/22/13 at 02:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

“Out there havin’ fun and bein’ greasy”

Babblespeak at its best.

Compare how at ease Babs seems compared to Q, who seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I don’t want to be over-confident, and I totally understand the Hawks are a team that can take a series over quickly, but, man, do I like how this all is unfolding right now.

Here’s my question: who does the extra day off help the most?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/22/13 at 02:11 PM ET

Here’s my question: who does the extra day off help the most?

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/22/13 at 02:11 PM ET

I want a block of Mackinac Island Fudge if I get the right answer, Red Winger.

I think it helps the Wings the best because after all of the abuse and dives our men have been subjected to from the petulant brats from Shitago, they can let the Cawks simmer and pout with frustration while the Wings just go about their business of winning hockey games.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/22/13 at 02:20 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/22/13 at 02:20 PM ET

I’m sorta kinda inclined to agree… but after really getting inside their little heads last game, getting right back at them tonight would have been better I think. 6 of one and a 1/2 dozen of the other situation.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/22/13 at 02:39 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

it could, by the same token, allow the Hawks time to get over their frustration and settle down.  I know they say that when you lose, you really want to get back out on the ice right away, I would think a team that’s winning want’s to play again right away, too.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/22/13 at 03:11 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I want a block of Mackinac Island Fudge if I get the right answer, Red Winger.

You’ll have to settle for a half-block. I’ve found over the years that it is physically impossible for me to not eat a half-block of Island fudge when it is in the general vicinity.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/22/13 at 04:29 PM ET

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/22/13 at 04:29 PM ET

You sneaky bastard.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/22/13 at 04:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I have never had Mackinac fudge.

But,