The Malik Report

Petr Mrazek Up, Gustavsson Has A Sore Groin

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Dear Gord, I hate this.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 03/08/14 at 03:17 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Do we have the most man-games lost to injury? We must, right?

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 03/08/14 at 03:34 PM ET

actually we are third behind Pittsburgh and Anaheim. which is funny cause both those team lead their conferences. depth i guess.

Posted by brians neck on 03/08/14 at 03:42 PM ET

Posted by brians neck on 03/08/14 at 03:42 PM ET

If you can score you can win in the regular season, and if you look at Pittsburgh and Anaheim most of their top offensive guys have missed little or no time all season.  I’m not discounting the rough time either of those teams have had with injuries this year, especially Pittsburgh with their defense, but the eyeball test (and my bias of course) tells me the Wings have had it worse.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/08/14 at 03:57 PM ET

penguins have lost James Neal, Kris Letang,Evgeni Malkin, Pascal Dupuis,Paul Martin for significant chunks of time this season. not saying it compares to losing 13 and 40 but its pretty freaking bad and they have 88 points.

Posted by brians neck on 03/08/14 at 04:04 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Why does it seem this team has been riddled with injuries the last three years. What the heck-fire is going on?

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 03/08/14 at 04:22 PM ET

Slumpy's avatar

The MONSTER groin needs a swedish massage in between periods to avoid these injuries.
The guy is constantly tweaking someone like 50+ yr old over weight plumber trying advanced yoga on first day.

Oh well, chance to maybe get more playing time for Mr. Azek

smile

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 03/08/14 at 04:28 PM ET

EDJ's avatar

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/08/14 at 03:57 PM ET

Posted by brians neck on 03/08/14 at 04:04 PM ET

some more significant players and their GP:

Pittsburgh: Martin 32 Letang 34 Scuderi 34 Neal 42 Dupuis 39 Malkin 52

Detroit: Weiss 26 Helm 29 Franzen 36 Datsyuk 39 Ericsson 43 DeKeyser 47 Alfredsson 51

Pittsburgh may have had a rougher time in terms of defense injuries, but Detroit had it a lot harder in terms of forwards. On the list is what you would expect to be Detroit’s top four highest point scorers, maybe five if you include Nyquist, and Detroit’s top three or four centers, depending on whether you count Zetterberg.

On top of that the Penguins stockpiled points when the Metropolitan division was a total mess and there were people predicting all the wild card positions to go to the Atlantic division.

And then there were injuries to goalies.

On the other hand, I don’t think that excuses Detroit’s record so far. I do think that Pittsburgh’s raw man games lost number is misleading, though.

Posted by EDJ on 03/08/14 at 07:15 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Some of the teams with more man games lost have been to players out from the season beginning, or a couple players who have missed 30+ games.

The wings on the other hand have been like a yo yo. They get Z back band Pavel goes down. Helm comes back and mule goes down. Ericson comes back kindl goes down. Howard comes back and gusto goes down.

I would like to know exactly how many games the wings have had Zetterberg,Pavel, Mule, Howard, Helm, and Weiss altogether in the lineup at the same time ?? I bet it’s less than 5 ?

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/08/14 at 07:29 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Before I logged on today, I jokingly said to myself, let’s check TMR to see who is hurt today…ha ha ha ha…(website loads) ...ooh…:(

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 03/08/14 at 08:31 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Oh well, chance to maybe get more playing time for Mr. Azek

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 03/08/14 at 05:28 PM ET

Is that what we’re calling our Petr these days?

I like it.