The Malik Report

One Change Up Front For The Wings Tonight

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Bugsy's avatar

Glad he found a way to get Eaves in. I’m sure the comments following will discuss whether Emmerton should be the one switched out.

Posted by Bugsy on 05/12/13 at 03:10 PM ET

Bugsy's avatar

By the way, is George feeling any better?

Posted by Bugsy on 05/12/13 at 03:10 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Hmmm… I did notice he didn’t play much down the stretch in game 6. His TOI was 7:52 and he was 33% in the faceoff circle. Interesting

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 05/12/13 at 03:11 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Bugsy, George still is experiencing physical pain, but does tell me he will be around for the game tonight and hopefully a recap.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/12/13 at 03:14 PM ET

topshelf14's avatar

I agree with this.  Emmerton hasn’t done anything for a while now. And eaves always seem to make an impact when he’s out there.  Go wings!

Posted by topshelf14 from Detroit, MI on 05/12/13 at 03:14 PM ET

cowboycoffee's avatar

good move.

Posted by cowboycoffee from San Francisco, CA on 05/12/13 at 03:26 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Good for Patty Eaves - gonna need his speed and tenacity tonight.

Posted by BrendonR on 05/12/13 at 03:47 PM ET

John W.'s avatar

I’d have left Emmerton in there and sat Sammy.  The reason his TOI was down in Game 6 was because they didn’t have to kill any penalties.  And I have a feeling they will be killing A LOT of penalties tonight.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/12/13 at 03:52 PM ET

I’m resistant to changes that have been helping us win.

That’s why Uncle Mike’s the coach and I’m not.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/12/13 at 05:49 PM ET

I’m glad Eaves is in, I think he deserves it, but I don’t get pulling Emmerton out, unless he’s injured.

Posted by Garth on 05/12/13 at 07:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thought Emmer has been solid, but Eaves may finish checks better and can fill the PK role as well.

What if Fil could be a threat on every shift?  We’d be such a better team.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/12/13 at 07:46 PM ET