The Malik Report

On Hockeyfest, the Chill at the Joe and $9 seats on sale Saturday

If you weren’t already aware that the Red Wings have a superb slate of weekend activities on tap, here’s a little refresher and a note:

1. The Red Wings will be hosting HockeyFest at Joe Louis Arena from 11 AM till 6 PM on Saturday, and the majority of the Wings’ roster will be attending (the Wings’ Twitter account has added Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen to the mix, too) to engage in Q and A’s and autograph sessions (the Wings are lowering the 2008 Stanley Cup banner and making the Zamboni available for pictures as well);

2. On Sunday, the Wings will take the flooring off the Joe and allow fans to skate on the ice before witnessing an alumni game to benefit First Step:

Join First Step for an evening of family fun at Joe Louis Arena from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2011. Guests are invited to come and skate the ice, tour the Red Wings’ locker room, watch Wings alumni play a hockey game against local police officers and participate in various crafts and games. There will be entertainment and all-you-can-eat “game day fare”.

Chill at the Joe is a family-friendly event that helps First Step raise needed funds to support First Step and its nonprofit mission to help women and families overcome domestic violence and sexual abuse.

You can also follow the event on Twitter...

3. And if you don’t feel like attending Hockeyfest, the Wings just announced that they’ll be selling $9 seats on an in-person-only basis on Saturday morning:

SPECIAL $9 RED WINGS TICKETS GO ON SALE SATURDAY MORNING AT THE JLA BOX OFFICE

… Fifth Consecutive Season Amazing Offer Made Available to Fans …

Detroit, MI… The 11-time Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings will once again afford fans the opportunity to attend a home game for the low price of just $9 a ticket this season. These specially-priced tickets for select October, November and December home games will go on sale this coming Saturday, September 10 at 10:00 a.m. at the Joe Louis Arena Box Office only.  This marks the fifth consecutive season that the Red Wings have made $9 tickets available for purchase.

Fans electing to take advantage of this offer will be able to purchase a maximum of four (4) tickets to a maximum of two (2) games while quantities last. Tickets to premium home games (Oct. 7 vs. Ottawa, Nov. 23 vs. Calgary, Dec. 10 vs. Winnipeg, Dec. 31 vs. St. Louis) set to be played during the 2011 calendar year begin at just $19 apiece as part of this offer. Specially-priced tickets to second-half home games will be released at a later date.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Rdwings28's avatar

Well, well, good morning George!!!

Posted by Rdwings28 on 09/09/11 at 07:44 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

It’s times like these that I wish there was an easier/faster way to get from Akron to Detroit. That sounds like tons of fun, but not with a 6 hour round-trip drive attached.

Have fun, locals!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 09/09/11 at 09:28 AM ET

red_wings_49's avatar

Damn… the D is going to be busy as busy can be… Tigers, Wings, Motorcity’s scavenger hunt… its going to be nuts.

Welcome back George!

Posted by red_wings_49 from Mad Heights, MI on 09/09/11 at 10:45 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Makes wish I lived a little closer-by.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 09/09/11 at 12:14 PM ET

Doug Miller's avatar

Good to have you back sir.

Wow… Franzen AND Datsyuk as last second additions to HockeyFest… that is huge! My day of coverage tomorrow just got a whole lot more exciting… and reminds me, I need to go and get my hair cut.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 09/09/11 at 12:35 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

George, good to see you back.  Can’t express how much I wish I could be there for Hockeyfest today.  Sounds absolutely amazing and a very reasonable price.  Wish I lived close too…  *sighs*

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 09/10/11 at 11:29 AM ET

Nice website! I enjoy a couple of the articles which were written, and especially the comments posted! I will definitely be visiting again!

Posted by Mark waugh from Host The Name, LLC, 225 S. Olive St. Los Angeles, on 09/13/11 at 04:02 AM ET