The Malik Report

On escrow and a very important under-the-radar meeting

While I was preparing my final entry before heading up to the Wings' development camp, RDS's Renaud Lavoie reported that the shrinking salary cap and players' split of revenues going down to 50% from 57% will yield yet another season of, "Cap recapture via escrow"...

And, as it turns out, a "retweet" from Justin Abdelkader revealed that the NHLPA's holding its annual summertime meeting for North American players this week, and the North American and European PA meetings are INCREDIBLY important because the PA has to sign off on the rule changes recommended by the GM's, vetted by the competition committee and approved by the Board of Governors before they take effect (see: hybrid icing, grandfathering in visor usage, etc.):

Where are they meeting?

Update: amongst their topics of discussion:

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

RWBill's avatar

” I think (Tyler) Seguin can be a bell cow.”

Well I should think so, it was Seguin who said there were only steers and queers in Texas.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 07/09/13 at 11:06 AM ET

SnLO's avatar

it was Seguin who said there were only steers and queers in Texas.

I thought it was R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket ???

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 07/09/13 at 11:09 AM ET

[chuckles]

I find it somewhat appropriate that Gunny’s last words to Private Cowboy in that scene were:

Gunny:  “I’ll be watching you.”

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 07/09/13 at 12:19 PM ET

11B4PF7 in MN's avatar

Zenon Konopka       ✔ @ZenonKonopka

NHLPA meetings start today in Chicago, had to stop by my favorite
hot dog place- Portillo’s

Seriously, if you find yourself in Chicagoland do yourself a favor and eat at a Portillos.  You will NOT be disappointed.

Posted by 11B4PF7 in MN on 07/09/13 at 12:59 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

Some of my best friends are queers and I may know some steers! raspberry

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 07/09/13 at 01:32 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Anyone happen to know where the meetings in Chicago may be taking place?  Last year they were at the Peninsula Hotel, which is only about two blocks from a Portillos.  May have to take a stroll over there tomorrow.

Posted by TreKronor on 07/09/13 at 01:35 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Does anyone know if Portillos has vegan hotdogs available?

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 07/09/13 at 02:43 PM ET