The Malik Report

Notice: Red Wings summer development camp’s on-ice sessions canceled for Monday, July 11

Update: As of noon, I’m sittin’ here at the rink, and there’s a forest of sticks and gloves around me as the players are in the gym and will then engage in some “golf ball” hockey: A biggy note from Centre Ice Arena: If you were planning on attending today’s abbreviated sessions at the Red Wings’ summer development camp at Centre Ice Arena, I arrived at the rink to see a big white board state that the on-ice portions of the camp had been canceled as Ryan Martin informed me that, technically speaking, “The ice went out,” and the Wings are hoping that it will recover this afternoon.

Update/edit: The Red Wings confirm:

DRW SCHEDULE UPDATE: Due to technical difficulties at the rink, there is no on-ice activity today.
...
On ice activity at Centre Ice is expected to resume on Tuesday at 8:30 A.M. and 2:30 P.M. Admission is $5.

The skates were scheduled to take place from 9:30-11:30 and 12-2 PM today, but they should get back to their 8:30-10:30 AM and 2:30-4:30 PM schedule tomorrow and Wednesday, should the coolant in the rink respond, and then there will be a scrimmage from 8:30-10:30 AM on Thursday…

This marks the second camp in a row where ice issues have shelved a day of skating, so my question to you is simple: as the gents do their plyometrics and work out in the gym, which I don’t have access to, do you want an overweight blogger to take notes on their techniques and wait for questions from the players in the middle of the day, or should I take the MSM’s hint and head back to the hotel? The guys are going to be in the gym until 11:30, and you paid for me to come up here, so let me know what you want me to do.

Filed in: | The Malik Report | Permalink

Comments

Bummer about the ice, go enjoy your morning George!

Posted by Dustin on 07/11/11 at 11:47 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Get some pie….go for a walk…take a five hour nap…catch the sunset.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/11/11 at 11:48 AM ET

hiero4life's avatar

Enjoy

Posted by hiero4life from anywhere i am on 07/11/11 at 12:02 PM ET

take a nap so you can come back fresh.  (I would, in your place…)

Posted by vfsvfl from FL on 07/11/11 at 12:12 PM ET

I could not never tell you to keep at it when you’ve given us such great gifts over the last several days covering the prospects camp, George, but I echo the sentiments of The 19:  R & R for a little while but keep your eyes peeled.  You just might run into Coach Fraser and/or Paek and it could mean a great interview.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/11/11 at 12:15 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I don’t need the details of their weight training regimen. Relax a bit. You’ve earned it. Swing by Slabtown Cafe & Burgers for lunch, have a nap, see where the afternoon goes from there.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 07/11/11 at 12:24 PM ET

Trish's avatar

The Ferry Chestival is over now so go cool your jets down by the bay and have some sweet cherries for me.  Thanks George cool smile

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 07/11/11 at 12:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Since we are your bosses George… rest, rest and rest… not necessarily in that order.  And, oh yeah, be sure to get some rest. cheese

Posted by calquake on 07/11/11 at 12:51 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Rest, get some good food, but DO NOT take a nap on the beach without slathering on the sun screen!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 07/11/11 at 01:58 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

I’m here. I chose to stay to watch the guys play golf ball hockey and I spoke to both Willie Coetzee and got an, “Insurance policy” from Jim Nill about Joey MacDonald.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 07/11/11 at 02:02 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I’m too late - was going to tell you to go down and stare at the Bay.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 07/11/11 at 02:23 PM ET

Right Brain Brewery
Microbrewery
221 Garland Street
(877) 944-2337
Traverse City, MI 49684

Posted by Gary Jakielek on 07/11/11 at 02:58 PM ET

There is always the sand dunes or:

Posted by Gary Jakielek on 07/11/11 at 03:04 PM ET

Sweet, Gorgeous 8-Pound Baby Jesus.  I love you and I miss you so much, Michigan.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/11/11 at 04:05 PM ET